The Sniper "Twins" Sentenced

CrimsonNan

BamaNation Hall of Fame
Oct 19, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Alabama, USA
BUT...there are six other states that want a piece of Malvo - all of which have the death sentence. Alabama, Arizona, Louisiana, Georgia, Maryland and Washington.

"Come on Down" to Alabama Malvo, we'll give ya the needle!!!

Teenage Sniper Malvo Gets Life Sentence

Wed Mar 10,12:22 PM ET

By MATTHEW BARAKAT, Associated Press Writer

CHESAPEAKE, Va. - Teenage sniper Lee Boyd Malvo was sentenced to life in prison without parole Wednesday for an October 2002 killing spree in the Washington, D.C., area that left 10 people dead.

Malvo, 19, was sentenced a day after sniper mastermind John Allen Muhammad was given the death penalty. Malvo did not speak at the brief hearing.

Malvo was convicted in December of the slaying of FBI (news - web sites ) analyst Linda Franklin, 47, outside a Falls Church, Va., Home Depot store. His defense team had argued that Malvo had been molded into a killer by the charismatic Muhammad.

Muhammad used his sentencing hearing on Tuesday to again deny any role in the killings, echoing a claim of innocence he made at the start of his trial when he briefly served as his own attorney.

"Just like I said at the beginning, I had nothing to do with this, and I'll say again, I had nothing to do with this," Muhammad said.

But Circuit Judge LeRoy F. Millette Jr. said the evidence of Muhammad's guilt was "overwhelming" and sentenced him to death.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Re: The Sniper "Twins" Sentenced

A judge has set aside two life sentences and ordered re-sentencing.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I believe based on USSC ruling that life sentences with no parole for those under 18 are unconstitutional
"The Supreme Court shall have the power to outlaw life sentences for minors..."

It may be bad policy (heck, I don't know this kid's mindset, but I believe we paid for a court to look into that), but this is none of the Federal judiciary's business unless we are going to scan the Constitution for a plausible lie which will excuse the Federal judiciary to stick its nose in where it is prohibited, to overturn a decision that Federal judges don't like.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

"The Supreme Court shall have the power to outlaw life sentences for minors..."

It may be bad policy (heck, I don't know this kid's mindset, but I believe we paid for a court to look into that), but this is none of the Federal judiciary's business unless we are going to scan the Constitution for a plausible lie which will excuse the Federal judiciary to stick its nose in where it is prohibited, to overturn a decision that Federal judges don't like.
The federal judiciary has become rather unaccountable.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.