DJ Hall Gets Dissed

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
For some reason NCAA Football 2009 felt like DJ Hall did not deserve any love and they didn't give him any of the receiving records that he should have. How in the heck did all of that slip by? :conf2:

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Hmm didn't notice that. But now that you mention it, one of the receivers from my campus legend broke the single season record and that was a WR from 1993 (not sure who it was...), but didn't DJ own that one?

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I don't think it's an issue with Hall as much as it is likely a widespread glitch.

I imagine a few years back EA just copied the records data from the media guides across the country, and haven't updated it since then. In the meantime, kids like Hall who have broken records in the interim aren't given credit for doing so.

I figure that's the case.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I don't think it's an issue with Hall as much as it is likely a widespread glitch.

I imagine a few years back EA just copied the records data from the media guides across the country, and haven't updated it since then. In the meantime, kids like Hall who have broken records in the interim aren't given credit for doing so.

I figure that's the case.
Agreed. However, they have had Brodie as record holder for QBs for last year's game. EA never gets rosters right (JJ at FB...) so for the ones of us who are into stats and roster accuracy, it is a little frustrating.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
A lot of the data gets put in at a time that later updated info wouldn't make it into the compiled game. If they are waiting on a media guide to update records from, the game has already been compiled and sent to the packager by the time a media guide comes out. It's just the nature of the beast. I assure you, they are working on NCAA '10 already.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
A lot of the data gets put in at a time that later updated info wouldn't make it into the compiled game. If they are waiting on a media guide to update records from, the game has already been compiled and sent to the packager by the time a media guide comes out. It's just the nature of the beast. I assure you, they are working on NCAA '10 already.
The problem is that he broke the receiving yards in a season in 2006 (1,014)...which should have made it into this year's game. Not a huge deal...I just find it odd that it was overlooked.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.