Clemson Gameday meal and snacks

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I will be in California to attend a wedding but can still watch on TV (I hope). Will probably be fed a California veggie burger with avocado and bean sprouts with a side of raw turnip strips and beet juice smoothie but I can dream can't I?

If I were home, and I may make this the following week when we get home, I would likely make this.

St Louis Ribs - dry rubbed overnight then finished with a good wet BBQ sauce at the end with more on the side cooked on a smoke pit.

French Fried Sweet Potatoes - boil after cutting into strips then fry slightly crisp and finish with cinnamon and sugar.

Three bean salad - kidney beans, wax beans & green beans, sliced red onion dressed with 3/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup vinegar & 1/2 cup olive oil.

BBQ Meatballs - 2/3 ground beef, 1/3 mixed hot ground pork sausage. Roll into balls slightly smaller than ping pong balls and brown in skillet. Transfer to pot filled with 1 bottle BBQ sauce and 1 jar grape jelly well mixed.

Cheese board - sliced cheeses, cold cuts, fruit & crackers

Rum Runner Frozen Drinks - blackberry liquor, banana liquor, splash of grenadine, light rum, dark rum, 151 rum, crushed ice with fruit salad garnish on a skewer.

Fried hand pies - cocoanut cream, pineapple, mango and apple filled flip over pies deep fried in oil.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
I will be in California to attend a wedding but can still watch on TV (I hope). Will probably be fed a California veggie burger with avocado and bean sprouts with a side of raw turnip strips and beet juice smoothie but I can dream can't I?
No tofu ? :rolleyes:

It's still early but , I might whip out some of that crazy chicken - el polo loco .

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
I am seriously leaning toward a lo' country boil. I done one for the first time a few weeks ago to practice before the big game against Clemson. I will be having about 15-20 people over so this will be a relatively cheap meal for us all to enjoy. I am also thinking of getting a keg of something..I haven't made up my mind yet. Any suggestions?

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
A low country boil is perfect for a crowd. What can go wrong when you add shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes to a big pot of seasoned water?

I keep plenty of Zatarans crab boil around both the dry bags and liquid. I use both with added cayenne pepper, whole black peppercorns, some whole onions, lemons and oranges cut in half and whole hot peppers from the garden. Another item that seems to fall in the pot are smaller what we call gumbo crabs which we clean and break in half. Sometimes we substitute crawfish for the shrimp and I have seen lobsters and mussels fall in the pot more than once. After it comes out of the water sprinkle some Old Bay or Creole seasoning on everything and dig in. Put rolls of paper towels on the table which you covered with plastic outdoors. Drag a trash can up to the table to rake all the shells and corn cobs in. Spray down with garden hose and cleanup is complete. :)

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
A low country boil is perfect for a crowd. What can go wrong when you add shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes to a big pot of seasoned water?

I keep plenty of Zatarans crab boil around both the dry bags and liquid. I use both with added cayenne pepper, whole black peppercorns, some whole onions, lemons and oranges cut in half and whole hot peppers from the garden. Another item that seems to fall in the pot are smaller what we call gumbo crabs which we clean and break in half. Sometimes we substitute crawfish for the shrimp and I have seen lobsters and mussels fall in the pot more than once. After it comes out of the water sprinkle some Old Bay or Creole seasoning on everything and dig in. Put rolls of paper towels on the table which you covered with plastic outdoors. Drag a trash can up to the table to rake all the shells and corn cobs in. Spray down with garden hose and cleanup is complete. :)
Thanks for the advice. I am going to make this again this Thursday. My wife's b'day is then and she stated she wanted this again because she loved it so much the last time. I will just cut everything down since it is just me, her and my 3 yr old. I will have to do my 3 yr old's shrimp in a electric pot since I can't make her's spicy. :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Thanks for the advice. I am going to make this again this Thursday. My wife's b'day is then and she stated she wanted this again because she loved it so much the last time. I will just cut everything down since it is just me, her and my 3 yr old. I will have to do my 3 yr old's shrimp in a electric pot since I can't make her's spicy. :)
Aw come on... Bring her up tough. :)

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
I'll prolly be working until 4:00 that day, so I won't have time to do anything more than something quick-ish on the grill. Looks like a burger night, and I ain't complainin'. Pregnant mama gets a hankerin' for my greasy grilled burgers from time to time.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I'm going to smoke a boston butt. We'll have bbq, redneck caviar, maybe some 3bean baked beans, and some beer. I'll probably go with Honeymoon for the beer.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
could be blackeye pea salsa. we call it texas caviar.
That's pretty much it.

BEP's
tomatoes
shoepeg corn
bell pepper
onion
rotelle tomatoes (sp?)
small bottle of zesty Italian salad dressing.

Soak over night, drain, serve with chips.

I've heard it called Texas caviar too. We have something else we use by that name. It's more of a sour cream based dip with green onions and some spicy things. I'll have to find out what's in it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.