Question: NCAA 09 Surprise Sleeper Teams?

Crimson Pig

1st Team
Nov 29, 2004
So, I've finished my first dynasty(Undefeated, titles, etc). Some teams that stood out.

Mississippi State (11-2)
Missouri (13-1) <- I played them for the national title, their only loss was to me.

But seriously! Take a look at Mizzou's stats if you own that game. I must've just not paid any attention at all to them this past year.

On the happy end of the spectrum

Auburn (6-7) (2-6)
Georgia(8-5) (4-4)

While I'm here, do you guys have any problems with Florida stealing your gosh darn recruits in the first season? I know I did! Rediculous!

Also, how many of you come in and recruit to change the major style of O and D?

Myself, I recruit...
QB - Scrambler
HB - Power
FB - Receiving
OL - Run Block
TE - Pass Block(protect the corners)
DL - Pass rush
LB - Run Stoppers
SS - Hard Hitter
FS - Coverage
CB - Coverage

Hope some of you will humor me. I'm curious.

TheDon24

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2007
sardis, alabama
I noticed ole miss became a powerhouse a few years into my dynasty. I played U$C for the champ first year. Auburn became a seriously weak team after 2 seasons.

As to how i recruit.......

QB-scrambling
RB-balanced
FB-recieving
WR-Speed
TE-recieving
OL-balanced
DL-balanced
LB-coverage
SS-hard hitter
FS-coverage
CB-balanced

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
I just fired up my Bama dynasty a couple of days ago (wanted to wait for the roster patch) but I'm three seasons into another dynasty with F$U and haven't really noticed anything extraordinarily far fetched (so far!)

As for recruiting, I usually go like this
QB - Scrambler (but they have to have a pretty good arm) Balanced (if I can't find a good enough scrambling QB
RB - Balanced or Speed, I tend to stay away from Power backs unless they have A- or better speed (which is pretty rare)
FB - frankly I take any I can get (FBs are pretty hard to come by for me)
WR - Speed
TE - I prefer Balanced or Receiving (but I'll usually take any)
OL - I take the best ones I can get, I don't really have a preference here
DE - Pass Rusher (but I try not to sacrifice size)
DT - No preference (but I prefer big DTs)
OLB - Coverage or Balanced
MLB - Balanced
CB - Coverage
FS - Balanced
SS - Balanced

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
So, I've finished my first dynasty(Undefeated, titles, etc). Some teams that stood out.

Mississippi State (11-2)
Missouri (13-1) <- I played them for the national title, their only loss was to me.
BYU. I played them for the NC my campus legend first year. They were strangely good.

On my online dynasty State made it up to #12, and lost to Tenn in a close game. And my team (georgia on the online dynasty) is battling missouri for first.

And as far as recruiting goes, I usually just go for as many 5 stars as I can get. Can't really go wrong getting them, I mean there is a reason they are 5 stars :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.