Hoover @ Gadsden City Jamboree, Friday August 22, 7pm

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Football season is less than two weeks away! I'm planning to cut that wait down to three days by getting out and enjoying some jamboree action. For anyone in this area I couldnt think of a better one to go see. Two power house programs and a few Tide recruiting targets as well.

Hoover@Gadsden City info

Gadsden City High School
was Founded in 2006 as a
result of mergers between
Litchfield, Emma Sansom,
The Titans football team
won the Class 6A Region 7
title in 2007
Athletic teams are called the
Titans and the school's mascot
is referred to as Clash.
The official school colors
are cardinal, black, and silver.
The Titans are one of the
most talented teams the
Bucs will face this year.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Final score Hoover 8, Gadsden City 3.

I don't know any other details but I'm sure AL.com will have something posted soon.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Final score Hoover 8, Gadsden City 3.

I don't know any other details but I'm sure AL.com will have something posted soon.
Yes this is technically the final score. For the half with the starters on the field Gadsden City ended on top 3-2. I didn't hear much on Hoover but Gadsden City was without their starting QB and a few other offensive two deep players.

Gadsden City's lone points were set up by a Dre Kirkpatrick INT. He picked it off around the GCHS 45 yard line and returned it across the field inside the 5.

Overall, it was a tough defensive battle. I don't know how much improvement GCHS will make when they get everyone healthy but Hoover has some improving to do on offense if they are to continue their dominance of this decade. Their QB threw at least two picks and had several other dangerous passes and they don't seem to have a real playmaker on offense.

On a side note, Jerrell Harris attended the jamboree.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
What was up with Kendall Kelley ? Sounds like nothing with a score like that :(

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
What was up with Kendall Kelley ? Sounds like nothing with a score like that :(
Pretty much. GCHS was playing with the back up QB and he was constantly overthrowing receivers on most routes past ten yards. Kelly had one catch for less than ten that I noticed. They tried to go to him three or four other times. Usually the ball sailed past and even then it would've had to have been a pretty good throw because he really didn't just break out wide open. Hoover's D had him in check for the most part. Just from the indications of this game, Hoover has a pretty solid D, but quite a bit of work to do on the offensive side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.