BBQ / Meat: Easy Beef Kabobs

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
1. Grill over low heat for 8-12 minutes, turn for another eight minutes and promptly remove from heat. Serve over steamed rice. Feeds 4-6.

Last edited:

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
Do you guys have this stuff?
Dude, we use THIS on burgers, chicken, pork, and carrots:

but I wouldn't put it on steak. I've eaten at "Mr. Angelo's" on 25th St. and 3rd Ave North in Downtown Birmingham.

I will keep the "SPIEDIE" sauce in mind if I ever see it, though.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Sounds interesting.

Original State Fair Spiedie Sauce - 16oz.
An all purpose marinade, rich in flavor yet not over-powering in taste, for meats, poultry, fish, vegetables, and game. Each bottle is made individually to assure exact ingredient proportions. With only 15 calories per serving and no sugars or preservatives, this marinade has a health kick of its own.

Use it on steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts, lamb roasts, fish fillets, mushrooms and for the ultimate sandwich, make up one inch cubes of your favorite meat, marinate overnight, then roast on an open fire with skewers (included in our Spiedie Survival Kit), serve on a slice of Italian bread or small sub roll...and there you have a Spiedie Sandwich.

Also available in this size.
64oz

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Sounds interesting.

Original State Fair Spiedie Sauce - 16oz.
An all purpose marinade, rich in flavor yet not over-powering in taste, for meats, poultry, fish, vegetables, and game. Each bottle is made individually to assure exact ingredient proportions. With only 15 calories per serving and no sugars or preservatives, this marinade has a health kick of its own.

Use it on steaks, pork chops, chicken breasts, lamb roasts, fish fillets, mushrooms and for the ultimate sandwich, make up one inch cubes of your favorite meat, marinate overnight, then roast on an open fire with skewers (included in our Spiedie Survival Kit), serve on a slice of Italian bread or small sub roll...and there you have a Spiedie Sandwich.

Also available in this size.
64oz

I never had it before I came to NY. It aint bad if you want something different.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I never had it before I came to NY. It aint bad if you want something different.
Is it pronounced Spy Edie' or Spee' dee?

I don't know if it would sell down in the slow south as a BBQ sauce if it's called Spee' dee. Of course some southerner will probably make up his own pronunciation and call it Spay' day. :)

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
Speaking of vinegar in BBQ sauce, "Georgia Bob's" and every other place I've found in Georgia puts a lot of vinegar in their BBQ sauce. I am not a fan. Otherwise (and if you DO like vinegar on your sandwich) it is pretty good.

My favorite BBQ pork sandwich comes from "The Top Hat" BBQ restuarant in Blount Springs, AL (on old US 31); but the best BBQ sauce I've had is available at Johnny's BBQ in Cullman, AL.

Steaks, I generally just put seasoning salt and Worcestershire sauce.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.