15 most nightmarish High School football stadiums to play at.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
The title of the article in Alabama Football magizine this month is "Welcome to your worst nightmare". This is a list of the top 15 worst places to try to go in and pull out a win, they are rank 1st thur 15th.

1.Stanley-Jensen Stadium / Prattville

2.Hoover Met / Hoover

3.Horn-White Stadium /Clay county

4.Bulldog Stadium Pike county

5.Nolan Atkins Stadium / Sweet Water

6.Brewton Municipal / T.R. Miller

7.Lou Scales Stadium /Alexandria

8.Erwin S. Cooper Ums Wright

9.C.T. Manley Stadium / Colbert county

10. Prichard Stadium /Vigor and Blount

11.Palmer Stadium / Leroy

12. Howard Chappell Stadium / Deshler

13. Murphee Stadium /Gadsden

14. Town Creek Field / Hazelwood

15. Buddy Anderson Field\DF Anderson Stadium/ Vestavia Hills&Thomasville.

Some pretty tough places to go into on Friday night and try to come out with a win. I have been in all but three of these, it's pretty intense....RTR

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
When I hear "nightmarish stadiums", I think of places, not the teams. I would have to say the Hoover Met is not nightmarish - playing the Bucs might be but not the stadium.I would want to list places that not only might you get your tail kicked, but the place is unpleasant to be as well.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
When I hear "nightmarish stadiums", I think of places, not the teams. I would have to say the Hoover Met is not nightmarish - playing the Bucs might be but not the stadium.I would want to list places that not only might you get your tail kicked, but the place is unpleasant to be as well.
I agree with you on that TH, I thought the same thing when I read the article. There are a few stadiums in there that are that, not all but a few. Colbert county is one I can think of off the top of my head....

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
If that's the criteria, then Prichard Stadium is hands-down Number One. Not even close.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

If only you could have been there to see all the butt-whoopings Hoover put on the teams that played ther!!!

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
I agree with you on that TH, I thought the same thing when I read the article. There are a few stadiums in there that are that, not all but a few. Colbert county is one I can think of off the top of my head....
I agree with that pick. I also agree with the pick of Murphree Stadium. Thats the only one on the list I have played in. I can't think of anyone that still uses it anymore though. :conf2: Thank goodness they let us play Litchfield there rather than go across the tracks to East Gadsden though. :eek2:

Last edited:

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
If that's the criteria, then Prichard Stadium is hands-down Number One. Not even close.
I couldn't agree with you more. We only played there once, but that was enough. Even though the Interstate is only perhaps 30 yards away from the stadium, you get the feeling it may as well be 30 miles.

Another place we visited many years ago, and didn't want to return to, was Bessemer, to play Jess Lanier in the 80's during one of their stronger periods.

I was mildly surprised that Opelika didn't make the list. The stadium isn't intimidating, but it is difficult for visitors to go home with the "W". We've been fortunate to have just had the better team when we went over there the past few years.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I couldn't agree with you more. We only played there once, but that was enough. Even though the Interstate is only perhaps 30 yards away from the stadium, you get the feeling it may as well be 30 miles.
The stadium is only about 30 yards from the Interstate, but it's also only about 30 yards from Alabama Village. That's the scary part! :eek2:

whitman

Scout Team
Dec 28, 2006
Livingston High School -- One gate in, on the home side. Barbed wire around the whole thing. One set of concessions/bathrooms under the home side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.