Casserole: Wild Rice & Oyster Casserole

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a saucepan, bring the beef broth and water to a boil. Add the rice, bring to a boil again, reduce heat, and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Drain any liquid remaining. Add 1/2 cup of the butter and hot sauce and stir; fluff with a fork.
Saute the drained oysters in 1/4 cup of the butter over medium-high heat until the edges curl, approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the oysters with a slotted spoon; set aside. Place half of the rice in a greased 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish. Cover it with oysters and sprinkle with hot sauce and salt and pepper, to taste. Top with the remaining rice.
In a saucepan, heat the mushroom soup over medium heat. Add the half-and-half, onion powder, and garlic salt. Pour over the oyster mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until golden brown and bubbling.
Garnish with parsley and red pepper flakes.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Sounds really good. I will have to try this the next time my family and I head for the beach. Its hard to get fresh oysters out of the Tennessee River. ;)

How did it turn out?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Sounds really good. I will have to try this the next time my family and I head for the beach. Its hard to get fresh oysters out of the Tennessee River. ;)

How did it turn out?
I'm making this again soon. It only takes about 15 minutes to put together the rest of the time is cooking in the oven. I like the smaller oysters for this and stews.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.