ADMIN NOTE: We do not allow profanity on this message board

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
ttt

Kidding aside, guys, this is important to a few of us. There are plenty of boards where profanity is allowed, if you need them. Please allow those of us who do not appreciate it to have at least one place to come to.

p.s.--spelling words with "zz" or "$$" doesn't change anything.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I wish there were some way to delete links that have a comment section filled with vulgarity. Seems most of this comes from Georgia and the barn fans when commenting on a Bama article. Or at least delete those comments or a way to report them.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
You can report any post containing vulgarity by clicking the little triangle icon under the poster's name. As the season approaches, we'll have lots more traffic and, unfortunately, plenty of people who won't read the rules. We mods will do our best, but y'all can always bring things we've missed to our attention.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks. Another site I frequent gets way outa hand with vulgarity, attacks, etc. Appreciate you guys keeping it clean.

PDL

All-SEC
Oct 16, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I agree with the no-profanity rule of this site, although I confess I don't quite understand some people's definition of profanity. I consider using words like "damn" and "hell" profanity, yet they are used quite commonly here. I certainly don't use them or type them.

Oh shoot! I just did! ;)

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
I agree with the no-profanity rule of this site, although I confess I don't quite understand some people's definition of profanity. I consider using words like "damn" and "hell" profanity, yet they are used quite commonly here. I certainly don't use them or type them.

Oh shoot! I just did! ;)
PDL, I just "triangled" your post!:biggrin:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
ttt

I'm seeing more and more folks trying to skirt the rules regarding profanity we have in place here on TideFans. To reiterate, no profanity is allowed on this forum, nor are you allowed to substitute symbols in place of letters, nor are you allowed to link to pages / videos / etc containing profanity.

We're going to continue to make this a place family friendly and we're inflexible on this issue. If these threads / messages continue to pop up we're going to start issuing immediate warnings.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Thanks for bringing this back to the front page. We seem to have a large number of new people on here this year. I'm sure they are good folks and don't mean to break the rules but have probably been on other boards that areent moderated as well as this one. Its great to have a site that my 6 year old can sitdown beside me and I don't have to worry he might read profanity.
Posted via Mobile Device

JAXFLBAMAFAN

All-SEC
Nov 30, 1999
Jacksonville FL
A great rule! If you cannot express yourself without using profanity you need to do some self development. Expand the vocabulary, read something besides the newspaper that 30 years ago was written on an 8th grade level.

thanks for being here tidefans!

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Mod's, thanks for this rule of which I will gladly abide ! Roll Tide Roll !!!!:)
By the way, what is this ttt?
ttt = to the top, sends a topic back to the top of the list. We will let an occasional swear word slide but really there is no need for anyone to be a potty mouth to express themselves.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.