Poll: What # Xbox 360 are you on?

What # Xbox 360 are you on?

• Total voters

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Due to recent events regarding my 360 I was curious as to what everyone else has experienced thus far. The low down on my situation was about a week ago my box just up and died on me with the dreaded rings of death. The only problem I ever had with mine was "dirty disc errors" that came and went. Long story short I called support last Monday, got my "coffin" sent to me last Wednesday (shipped it back the same day) and received my console back today (Thursday). All in all it was a faster process than I was anticipating and I was pretty pleased with it. They were even kind enough to include a 1 month XboxLive gold card for my trouble. :biggrin:

BamaDude06

1st Team
Sep 15, 2006
I'm on my second. The first one I had scratched every disc you put into it, so I exchanged it for another one. After I had the second one for about a year or so it received the rings of death. It also ran better after I got it back.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
My first copy of NCAA 09 got the disc read error. That's what makes me think it's just a matter of time lol.

I still hold out hope that the red ring of death never happens.
Well in my case I'm pretty sure the only problem my box had was the dvd drive. I'm pretty sure that's all they replaced. If you start having a lot of "dirty disc errors" and your drive starts to stop during gameplay a lot it's probably about to die, the only question is when. Mine held out for over two years, I'm just glad it was still under warranty. :redface:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Knock on wood, still on my first....but, I've had "unable to read disc" errors forever.
Yeah, that's the same way mine was, and then my disc drive died. Might not happen to yours but on the other hand I'd be willing to bet that it does. Crappy part is you don't know when it's going to give out on you. Good luck! ;)

Bama_Fan72

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
So what happens if I get the ring of death after their two year warranty will they still replace or repair it? I rarely use mine but always get the "dirty disc" warning and freeze ups since I had it. This is my third I returned the first two due to the dirty disc messages but finally decided they must all have that problem so didn'y return this one (it's over two years). Did I mess up by not trading this one in sooner?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
So what happens if I get the ring of death after their two year warranty will they still replace or repair it? I rarely use mine but always get the "dirty disc" warning and freeze ups since I had it. This is my third I returned the first two due to the dirty disc messages but finally decided they must all have that problem so didn'y return this one (it's over two years). Did I mess up by not trading this one in sooner?
If you get the three red rings within three years of your purchase date they'll either fix it or replace it for free, if not you'll have to pay to have it repaired. The "dirty disc" errors seem to be a precursor to something in your box failing, whether it's the disc drive itself or some other piece of hardware. Your box is probably a ticking time bomb for all intents and purposes at this point.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
On my third one ... but that's what I get for buying them used. :rolleyes:

All I get is 'To play this game, put it in an Xbox 360 console'. Annoys me, but I can live with it.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm on my 2nd. My 1st got the ring of death back over the summer and they sent me a new one. No problems with it. I have never had a disc read error. Not even on the 1st console.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
Okay, I change my vote ... looks like I'll be on #4. My 360 red ring'd when I got home from the Auburn game. Such a mixed weekend. :frown:

DawgWill

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 31, 2005
Still my 1st though it is only my 2nd month with it and I play it once a week at most

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
if xbox breaks down this easily, why keep buying their products? go to Ps3!
Because their online gaming is horrible after further review. I have one and it's just not as reliable (Can't believe that I'm saying this about MS).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.