Poll: What # Xbox 360 are you on?
Thanks Thanks:  0 Like Like:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0

View Poll Results: What # Xbox 360 are you on?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1st

18 37.50%
  • 2nd

20 41.67%
  • 3rd

9 18.75%
  • 4th

0 0%
  • ugh....I've lost count!

1 2.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BEATtutorsee's Avatar

What # Xbox 360 are you on?

Due to recent events regarding my 360 I was curious as to what everyone else has experienced thus far. The low down on my situation was about a week ago my box just up and died on me with the dreaded rings of death. The only problem I ever had with mine was "dirty disc errors" that came and went. Long story short I called support last Monday, got my "coffin" sent to me last Wednesday (shipped it back the same day) and received my console back today (Thursday). All in all it was a faster process than I was anticipating and I was pretty pleased with it. They were even kind enough to include a 1 month XboxLive gold card for my trouble.
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

Alabama head coach Nick Saban

"If it feels good, you ain't doin' it right!"

Alabama S&C coach Scott Cochran

BamaNation First Team

Re: What # Xbox 360 are you on?

I'm on my second. The first one I had scratched every disc you put into it, so I exchanged it for another one. After I had the second one for about a year or so it received the rings of death. It also ran better after I got it back.

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar

Still on my first luckily. I've had it for a while. I know it's just a matter of time though...just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    Still on my first luckily. I've had it for a while. I know it's just a matter of time though...just a matter of time...
    Watch out for the disc errors!
    "Make his a** quit! That's our trademark, that's our m.o. as a team! That's what people know us as!"

BamaNation First Team Rattlehead82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEATtutorsee View Post
    Watch out for the disc errors!
    My first copy of NCAA 09 got the disc read error. That's what makes me think it's just a matter of time lol.

I still hold out hope that the red ring of death never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlehead82 View Post
    My first copy of NCAA 09 got the disc read error. That's what makes me think it's just a matter of time lol.

I still hold out hope that the red ring of death never happens.
    Well in my case I'm pretty sure the only problem my box had was the dvd drive. I'm pretty sure that's all they replaced. If you start having a lot of "dirty disc errors" and your drive starts to stop during gameplay a lot it's probably about to die, the only question is when. Mine held out for over two years, I'm just glad it was still under warranty.

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

I'm on my second, and unfortunately, I think something in it just got zapped. I'm pretty sure it's the video card or something along those lines. When it starts up, the screen freezes and makes a horrible screeching noise. Needless to say, I'm not happy.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator runtheoption22's Avatar

Knock on wood, still on my first....but, I've had "unable to read disc" errors forever.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    Knock on wood, still on my first....but, I've had "unable to read disc" errors forever.
    Yeah, that's the same way mine was, and then my disc drive died. Might not happen to yours but on the other hand I'd be willing to bet that it does. Crappy part is you don't know when it's going to give out on you. Good luck!

BamaNation First Team Bama_Fan72's Avatar

So what happens if I get the ring of death after their two year warranty will they still replace or repair it? I rarely use mine but always get the "dirty disc" warning and freeze ups since I had it. This is my third I returned the first two due to the dirty disc messages but finally decided they must all have that problem so didn'y return this one (it's over two years). Did I mess up by not trading this one in sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Bama_Fan72 View Post
    So what happens if I get the ring of death after their two year warranty will they still replace or repair it? I rarely use mine but always get the "dirty disc" warning and freeze ups since I had it. This is my third I returned the first two due to the dirty disc messages but finally decided they must all have that problem so didn'y return this one (it's over two years). Did I mess up by not trading this one in sooner?
    If you get the three red rings within three years of your purchase date they'll either fix it or replace it for free, if not you'll have to pay to have it repaired. The "dirty disc" errors seem to be a precursor to something in your box failing, whether it's the disc drive itself or some other piece of hardware. Your box is probably a ticking time bomb for all intents and purposes at this point.

On my third one ... but that's what I get for buying them used.

All I get is 'To play this game, put it in an Xbox 360 console'. Annoys me, but I can live with it.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJeff's Avatar

I'm on my 2nd. My 1st got the ring of death back over the summer and they sent me a new one. No problems with it. I have never had a disc read error. Not even on the 1st console.