Poll: What # Xbox 360 are you on?

What # Xbox 360 are you on?

• Total voters

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
PS3's fail to my friend, please don't try and start a console war.

Not trying to start a "console war", I have had no problems with my PS3(KNOCK ON WOOD). And I enjoy online gaming for the couple games that I play. I was just wondering why someone would continue to keep getting a product that obviously fails a good bit? Obviously if it didnt fail a good bit, then we wouldnt be having this thread. RIght? Just an honest question.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Not trying to start a "console war", I have had no problems with my PS3(KNOCK ON WOOD). And I enjoy online gaming for the couple games that I play. I was just wondering why someone would continue to keep getting a product that obviously fails a good bit? Obviously if it didnt fail a good bit, then we wouldnt be having this thread. RIght? Just an honest question.
I've only had one issue with my 360 in the more than 3 years that I've had it, and it gets considerable use. As for why people keep coming back to the 360, personally I believe it's because of Xbox Live.

DanthManUA

3rd Team
Sep 4, 2001
Florence,AL,USA
Add me to the disc read error majority too, especially on NCAA FB. Been going on for 2 year. I wish the system would die. I downloaded GTAIV to the hard drive and no disc read errors, but graphics don't load a fast, so I crash into a lot of invisible barriers. I may just copy every game I play at the time to the hard drive as the errors are much worse than periodic slow graphics.

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
if xbox breaks down this easily, why keep buying their products? go to Ps3!
Reliable? Shoot, if you want reliable just go back to PS2. I'm still playing on the only PS2 console I've ever had. I bought it the Saturday of the Bama - OK game in 2002. I've played the heck out of it too. No telling how many games of various years of NCAA football or hours of various GTA games I've played on it.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
2nd XBox 360.

Opted for the Best Buy replacement plan, console failed just before the 3 years were up, got a gift card for the full purchase price and upgraded to the Elite for free. Purchased an additional replacement plan, and the 2nd Xbox is working fine.

I have become a believer in the replacement plans.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
I've had mine a year and a half and have never had any problems and I use it everday for something and sometimes leave it on overnight if I'm downloading a bunch of things. I do have the HDDVD drive which I use to watch my DVDs and bought the second generation that has the HDMI port and the Falcon processor.

BamaScooter16

1st Team
Aug 2, 2006
McCalla, AL
A good alternative is to buy an intercooler for the 360. It's basically just a fan that goes on the back of the console and pulls out all the hot air that builds up in the 360, which is what can cause the red ring of death because the motherboard and/or processor gets too hot and is a known design flaw.

My fist 360 died because I didn't have it properly ventilated and it overheated. Microsoft sent me a new one, but I noticed that the new one still ran hot even when I kept it in a well ventilated area. I bought that intercooler just to try it, and I noticed a siginificant difference in how cooler the top of the console is with the intercooler working. In fact, the brick wall that sits behind my 360 is discolored due to all the hot air being expelled out of the console!

It's only $20, and in my experience it works as advertised, especially if you run the 360 for extended periods like I do.

BaMa KhAoS x

Suspended
Sep 11, 2009
I've had my first xbox for almost three years. I had the two red rings which means the Xbox is getting too hot. My dad took it apart and cleaned it out and it works fine now. I occasionally get the disk-read error but thats it.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
Well, my 360 finally died on me. It lasted about 4 years or so. I gave it to my brother. Let him deal with sending it in to get fixed. I now have and Xbox 360 Elite.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
Well, my 360 finally died on me. It lasted about 4 years or so. I gave it to my brother. Let him deal with sending it in to get fixed. I now have and Xbox 360 Elite.
Funny you should mention it. I was in the middle of year 2 of my dynasty this past weekend when mine died. It was first generation and was due to give up the ghost. I guess I will buy the Elite now.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
I am on my second. The first was the cheapest version with a 5 gb hd I think. It got the RROD and I sent it in. Got a refurb one and sold it. I have had the 360 Elite for about 2 years and no issues. I put it in a better location so it doesnt get too hot.

I also think installing the games to the HD helps also. The CD doesnt seem to turn as much.

ColumbusTide

1st Team
Jan 10, 2007
Funny you should mention it. I was in the middle of year 2 of my dynasty this past weekend when mine died. It was first generation and was due to give up the ghost. I guess I will buy the Elite now.
Ok. SO I was a skeptic, but I bought the 250G with built in WIFI to replace mine that blew up. Installed it yesterday thinking it was going to play the same way my old one did with the WIFI adapter - WRONG! This thing rocks. Very much an upgrade.

RTR13

1st Team
Oct 2, 2008
Columbia, TN
I'm actually on #5... Went through three of the original 360s, and I'm now on my second Slim Xbox. (The first Slim died after about 3-4 hours.)

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
2nd XBox 360.

Opted for the Best Buy replacement plan, console failed just before the 3 years were up, got a gift card for the full purchase price and upgraded to the Elite for free. Purchased an additional replacement plan, and the 2nd Xbox is working fine.

I have become a believer in the replacement plans.
Update:
I am on #3 now.

2nd Xbox optical drive stopped working 3 months after plan expired. I tried to fix it myself, but couldn't.
Bought a refurbished unit from Best Buy, with another replacement plan.

I may try to replace the optical drive in the old one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.