Bama Gets Shout-Out on ABC Election Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
At around 11:40 CST, Charlie Gibson of ABC News gave a shout-out to Alabama football.

They were talking about the reaction of the world to the election and one of the correspondents held up a British paper that read 'Gobama!'

When they cut back to Charlie Gibson, he said that at first he thought the sign said, 'Go Bama.' Then he made a comment about how the Crimson Tide is ranked #1 in the nation.

Vegas4Bama

1st Team
Oct 24, 2005
LA$ VEGA$, NV
Kute! lol

My license plate here in La$ Vega$ (Nevada) is:

XBAMAX :BigA:

............and you would "not" believe how many ding-dongs out West think this refers to the "guy"; and "not" the #1 football team in the nation!

Too funny! lol

R

rolltidescott

I have a seller's account on eBay with "Bama" in the name. I've hada couple of buyers mis-read it and comment about Obama to me...

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Davefrat and Dayhiker, this was not a political post and I hope you didn't take it that way.

It doesn't matter whether it was election coverage or in the middle of a Rachel Ray cooking show, it was cool that they put Crimson Tide football front and center for a moment.

Last edited:

37bamagrl

All-American
May 6, 2003
Foley, AL
At around 11:40 CST, Charlie Gibson of ABC News gave a shout-out to Alabama football.

They were talking about the reaction of the world to the election and one of the correspondents held up a British paper that read 'Gobama!'

When they cut back to Charlie Gibson, he said that at first he thought the sign said, 'Go Bama.' Then he made a comment about how the Crimson Tide is ranked #1 in the nation.
i remember seeing that british paper..i'm sure it was the same one...they had GO in one color and Bama in another, so i did look like GO Bama

GOBAMA

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Davefrat and Dayhiker, this was not a political post and I hope you didn't take it that way.

It doesn't matter whether it was election coverage or in the middle of a Rachel Ray cooking show, it was cool that they put Crimson Tide football front and center for a moment.
Not at all. My post was referring to all of the ones I deleted.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Re: Ponder this, especially if you're unhappy with last night's results:

After each of the last four elections in which the US has elected a Democrat to his first term in the White House, Alabama has won an MNC within 26 months.
Starting in 1934, every national championship won by Alabama has occurred during a Democratic administration or in the last year of a Republican administration where the President-Elect was Democratic.

So, the political landscape bodes well for our NC chances.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere

After each of the last four elections in which the US has elected a Democrat to his first term in the White House, Alabama has won an MNC within 26 months.
Digging back four years for this. Unfortunately, for those disappointed in last night's results, a correlation of any kind for Obama's second term is hard to make. For the four Democrat presidents I noted four years ago, in their combined second terms, Alabama has won combined total of zero titles; but there was, for those four, only one second elected term - Clinton's.

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

What did Rhyno do to get suspended for so long? I used to enjoy his posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.