Drink: Russian Tea

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Brew about a half gallon of weak tea(use 1 single serving tea bag) I use the coffee maker and brew a 12 cup pot of tea.
While tea is brewing combine Lg can of Pineapple Juice,Med can OJ concentrate and Sm can of Lemonade concentrate in a gallon container.
Add hot tea to mixture.
Bring 1.5 cups of water to boil in a pot on stove and remove. Add about 6-8 small cloves either into water directly or put them in one of those vented steel balls and put cover over top of pot and let it steep for 5 min.
Add steeped water to rest of mixture. If you put cloves directly into water do not put them in mixture.
Stir mixture and refrigerate.
Best way to serve is in individual mugs and heat in microwave roughly 2 minutes depending on size. If it's too hot add a little of the cold mixture to it.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I remember drinking Hot Russian Tea back in either the late 50s or early 60s. It was made with Tang a powdered orange drink in a jar it may have been one of the things the first astronauts took into space with them. I think the recipe was tang, instant tea with lemon, sugar, cinnamon and clove. Wish mom was here to give me the recipe.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.