Hoover vs Prattville

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Two of the top programs in the state end up facing each other again in the championship game. It is impressive when you look at the two programs both with first year HC, yet their only loss was to teams outside the state of Alabama. Should be a good game, with two teams playing team ball rather than relying on star-studded rosters. Might not get to see it with that other ball game happening over in Atlanta however.

R

rolltidescott

I have to say I'm surprised Hoover has done so well this year. Good luck this week.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I will be in Legion Field watching my fellow PHS students playing. I would love for this game to be over by halftime so I could go somewhere to watch Bama. I will have my radio with me though.

Roll Tide and Go Lions!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't know about that... :)
I don't know his reasoning, but I am willing to bet it has to deal with Prattville's D. To tell you how good our D is, I will go back to the Brentwood game. Tom Luginbill (sp?) of ESPN said that our D-line is one of the best he has seen in the last five years!! :eek2: That says something about the line. I would expect them to get after whoever Hoover puts out there. And the Offense hasn't been too shabby lately either (ask Opelika and Auburn).

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Congrats to our Prattville Lions!!!!!

3 State Championships in a row. Wish I could have been there in person but I was in Atlanta with the Tide. The crowd in B'ham looked extremely small, if there were 19,000 there (as estimated by the AHSAA), then 16,000 must have been on the Prattville side. I watched the game after getting home and it was quite a finish. Great job by the players and staff.

R

rolltidescott

Must have been a pretty goog game, based on the score.

Congrats Prattville.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Congrats to our Prattville Lions!!!!!

3 State Championships in a row. Wish I could have been there in person but I was in Atlanta with the Tide. The crowd in B'ham looked extremely small, if there were 19,000 there (as estimated by the AHSAA), then 16,000 must have been on the Prattville side. I watched the game after getting home and it was quite a finish. Great job by the players and staff.
I was there... NO WAY there was 19,000 people in attendance. I will say that Hoover only had around 3,000, which I do not understand. Why not come support your team?

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Dang, I was hoping Hoover would send those boys home crying. Especially after the "Prattville will win by 21" comments.

Last edited:

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was there... NO WAY there was 19,000 people in attendance. I will say that Hoover only had around 3,000, which I do not understand. Why not come support your team?
Many Hoover people had bought SECG tickets before the playoffs even started. Besides ever since Spain Park was built and increased in enrollment over the years, Hoover has had less people that are "Hoover fans". Can only imagine if P-ville ever split in 2.

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Obviously, Tidehawk's "bank" is now asking for government aid!

I watched much of the game live (during SECCG commericals), and again last night on the CSS replay. Here are a few observations:

Prattville's D-Line was as impressive as advertised, especially #92. The strip & recovery on the goal line play in the 4th quarter was an outstanding effort. They were, however, fortunate that they weren't called for a safety afterward.

I was highly impressed with the defensive play of Hoover's #4. In fact, the most surprising thing about the game to me was that Prattville didn't score an offensive touchdown the whole day.

The announced attendance was (I think) a total for both games played on Saturday. Still, I'll bet a count of the ticket stubs would reveal about 6-7K for the 6A game.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
An excellent game to watch that went back and forth between two good teams. The game wasn't over until the final horn, which is what you hope happens at a title game. Congratulations to both teams, they should be proud of thier effort!

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
You aren't the only one that noticed.

Hoover Bucs deserved better support

Prattville showed up en masse to support its team despite the travel and Alabama playing in the SEC Championship Game.

Hoover maybe had half the fans that Prattville did. Maybe. It was the second straight game in which Hoover's support underwhelmed. Huntsville brought a comparable amount of fans to Regions Park for the semifinals.

That turnout lumps Hoover's fans in the same category as Atlanta's after the Braves had already stopped a few hearts during the early 1990s. The word is spoiled.

Only a spoiled fan base wouldn't support a team trying to carry the weight of its past into its future. These Bucs strained under that weight to begin the year while forming their own identity. But as the season went along, this Hoover team got stronger.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.