Are The Super 6 Going to be Televised?

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Last year UPN 68 out of B`ham carried the games. They don`t have them scheduled to be shown on their tv listings this year. I thought maybe someone else may have picked them up. Has anyone heard ?

silentsam74

All-American
Dec 30, 2005
Sylvania, Alabama, United States
Last year UPN 68 out of B`ham carried the games. They don`t have them scheduled to be shown on their tv listings this year. I thought maybe someone else may have picked them up. Has anyone heard ?
A coworker told me they would be televised on CSS. Unfortunately, Dish doesn't have CSS. :mad: I dont know if it is going to be live or tape delayed though. They had streaming live video on al.com last year during the finals and it really wasn't bad at all. The video was near the quality of your regular LF/JP sports telecast. :eek2:

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I can tell you why it isn't on Dish or DirecTV. CSS is the abbreviation for "Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast." It is a joint venture of Comcast and Charter. They are competitors of Dish and DirecTV.

R

rolltidescott

I can tell you why it isn't on Dish or DirecTV. CSS is the abbreviation for "Comcast/Charter Sports Southeast." It is a joint venture of Comcast and Charter. They are competitors of Dish and DirecTV.
I'm a DirectTV customer, so I guess it's viewing online for me.

R

rolltidescott

Will the weather today (Thursday) cause a delay in the games?

tidehawk

HS Moderator
Staff member
Feb 9, 2001
Wetumpka, AL
A coworker told me they would be televised on CSS. Unfortunately, Dish doesn't have CSS. :mad: I dont know if it is going to be live or tape delayed though. They had streaming live video on al.com last year during the finals and it really wasn't bad at all. The video was near the quality of your regular LF/JP sports telecast. :eek2:
BIG mistake by the AHSAA - this severely limits the number of people who can watch the games. I thought the whole point of televising the games was to increase the interest in HS FB...

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
I was very disappointed with the quality of the TV broadcasts on CSS in the four games I watched.

Ken Lass was a pain to listen to on the night he had a sore throat. For some reason, Matt Coulter's mic volume was way too low during the 6A game (Cole Kubelic's was fine), and it was hard to keep up with the progress of the game. I'm surprised they didn't adjust it at some point. The camera work was inconsistent, and I wondered if the director had ever worked a football game before.

I did enjoy the interview with Cornelius Bennett at halftime of Friday night's game, though, & I thought Malena Cunningham did a good job with the on-field interviews I saw her do.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.