Ellender's Roast Duck

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
1 - grease duck inside and out with bacon drippings and season with salt and pepper. slice the garlic then stab the breast and thigs a few times inserting garlic pieces. stuff the duck cavity with quartered apple and onion .
2 - In 6 qt dutch oven add onion, garlic, bell pepper, bay leaf, hot sauce, worchestershire, celery and water. add more water during cooking so vegetables don't burn. Place duck on rack in dutch oven, cover and bake 1 hour at 350F till duck is tender.
3 - make gravy from pan drippings and cornstarch or roux. add mushrooms, return duck to pot and simmer another 15 min.
4 - serve with steamed rice with gravy

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Bayou,

could i get away with not using a dutch oven? I do not own one and don't really no one who does (not within close proximity anyway). i do own a roasting pot with a lid do you think i could use that?

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bayou,

could i get away with not using a dutch oven? I do not own one and don't really no one who does (not within close proximity anyway). i do own a roasting pot with a lid do you think i could use that?
Yep a pot with a lid will work as long as the duck fits in it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.