Dessert: Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Mix first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Roll concoction of first four ingredients into balls. You can make the balls as small or as large as you like.
Place balls on cookie sheet to be refrigerated for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, melt chocolate chips in microwave for 2 mins. (stir every 30 secs) in a microwaveable bowl and dip peanut butter balls in the melted chocolate chips.
You can refrigerate them after dipping or eat them after they sit up.
I love them after they are refrigerated.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
This is the recipe I use. It may help to mention that after rolling the pnut butter mixture into balls, stick a toothpick in each one before putting in the fridge. That way you can easily dip each ball in the chocolate without messing your fingers, and the chocolate completely covers the ball smoothly. After the chocolate is set, the toothpicks can easily be removed without damaging the balls.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
This is the recipe I use. It may help to mention that after rolling the pnut butter mixture into balls, stick a toothpick in each one before putting in the fridge. That way you can easily dip each ball in the chocolate without messing your fingers, and the chocolate completely covers the ball smoothly. After the chocolate is set, the toothpicks can easily be removed without damaging the balls.

Thanks for the mentioned toothpicks. I told my wife to try this out the next time. She made these, while great she really had a mess by dipping the balls in the chocolate by hand.

She was surprising me with the dessert while we are here at Perdido for vacation through Jan 4. The first thing I said to her when I saw she was making them is why aren't you using toothpicks? Needless to say I got on her bad side quickly. ;) I made up for it by getting a sugar drunk for the next 4 hours while consuming many chocolate covered peanut butter balls.:)

aprovo

3rd Team
Nov 18, 2002
Worthington, OH
I wonder if using the cookie part of Oreo would be too much chocolate?
not sure about Oreos in Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls, but you can make Oreo Balls:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
4 cups crushed Oreo® cookies (1lb 2oz. Pkg - any flavor except double stuffed.) (I used the food processor to crush)
2 cups chocolate baking chips plus 1 T. shortening or chocolate bark (I have found that chocolate bark works better. It creates a harder coating, if you use the bark don’t use the shortening)

On high speed of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add cookies and beat until well combined. Refrigerate 2 hours until chilled enough to roll.

Roll dough into 1" balls. Over a double boiler, melt chips and shortening until smooth (or chocolate bark without shortening). Dip balls into mixture and thoroughly coat. Place on wax paper to harden. Store in refrigerator.

I put mine in the freezer just to harden them faster, and then moved to the refrigerator. The sooner they harden the sooner you can start eating..

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
TRY THIS

Melt chocolate in double boiler - milk chocolate, semi sweet any kind you like.

Open big bag of Bugles corn chip things.

Fill the big open end of the Bugle with peanut butter then dip that end into the chocolate. Put on waxed paper and let dry. Awesome little snacks.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Or you can leave the toothpicks in for a handle and keep hands off the candy.
I've made something similar to these. I use a little parrafin (sp?) wax in the chocolate, melted over a double boiler. I also freeze the balls before dipping. Combined, you get a nice glossy coating that sets REALLY fast.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Or you can leave the toothpicks in for a handle and keep hands off the candy.
I've made something similar to these. I use a little parrafin (sp?) wax in the chocolate, melted over a double boiler. I also freeze the balls before dipping. Combined, you get a nice glossy coating that sets REALLY fast.
You are right about using paraffin in the dipping chocolate.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.