What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry I do not have a tool bar any more so cannot post music videos. I was listening to some tasty Steely Dan today though.......(insert emoticon of your choice here).....

EDIT: figured out a solution - just changed skin settings to ads on the right and viola.....tool bar is back.

Weird......but at least I can now post stuff like this again!

BTW....I've always thought this was their best album. Tough decision to make. Might have to listen to them some more.....:wink:

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Couple quick anecdotes.......:wink:

Back in the 80's there was a bar up in Ormond Beach called "The Other Place" that stayed open a little later than any of the others - so ultimately that's where everyone went when they were still looking to take someone home but hadn't yet as other bars closed for the night. In other words.....last chance for romance.......if you wanna call it that.

And the thing is....no matter what band was playing there....this song (below) was ALWAYS included in the set. Always.

Also.....I had a landscape business back then and hired a young kid to work for me part time while he was going to Jr. College. Good kid - clean cut and everything. He drove a little mini-pickup and everytime I rode with him he had the latest (at that time) Cult CD playing in his stereo "Electric". I mean every time!

Fast forward to the 2000's and for a brief period of time I was helping a friend who owned a pest control business who along with his wife were 'bikers'. She had a business on the side selling biker stuff and would set up a tent every biker event and sell biker stuff. You name it - clothing, stickers, jewelry, patches, pins, etc. etc. I helped them run the tent inside. We'd work together or alone - in shifts. Long hours but brought in decent coin. We had a little stereo in the tent and would play Cult CD's over and over and over.....it was great!

I still have this HUGE Cult wall poster I bought about 20 years ago. Biggest poster I ever had. It's rolled up in the back room right now but when she was up that thing was cool!

OK enough yapping......here we go.......dedicated to many drunken end of the evenings at The Other Place......

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
Love Chicago music, especially the songs made before Terry Kath died. Also, love the Temptations. Two of the original members grew up in Birmingham and one grew up in Montgomery. Some of our own.
Terry Kath was destined to be one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.