What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

It's On A Slab

LP:

New toay in the mail:

Metallica - Black Box 12" 45rpm 200g vinyl I have to change motors on my TT to play this :(

Big Blue Ball - produced by Peter Gabriel - anyone interested in whole world music should give this a listen it grows on you.

Velvet Underground - Andy Worhol Yellow Banana album - new pressing on yellow vinyl doesn't sound as good as the original but it is pretty :)
Were you ever into Peter Gabriel during his time with Genesis (1969-1975)?

Probably the best prog rock from that period. That was before Phil Collins eventually succeeded in turning that band into a sappy pop lounge act.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Were you ever into Peter Gabriel during his time with Genesis (1969-1975)?

Probably the best prog rock from that period. That was before Phil Collins eventually succeeded in turning that band into a sappy pop lounge act.
Yes I was. That was back in Peter Gabriel's stranger than he is now days. I have a couple of the older albums and was going to play one today. The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway and Trick of the Tail.

I'll probably spin some Cat Stevens today as well.

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Yusef Islam is his new handle . I used to strum "Wild One" from time to time .

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Kudos to derek4tideon the Zevon and McClinton. It got me to dig out one of my favorite (and neglected) by WZ: Bad Luck Streak in Dancing School
.. " . .sweet home Alabama / play that dead band's song / turn the speakers up full blast / play it all night long . . "

Listened to The Bottle Rockets Brooklyn Side to and from work.

Thanks to the threadstarter for this idea.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
LP:

New toay in the mail:

Metallica - Black Box 12" 45rpm 200g vinyl I have to change motors on my TT to play this :(

Big Blue Ball - produced by Peter Gabriel - anyone interested in whole world music should give this a listen it grows on you.

Velvet Underground - Andy Worhol Yellow Banana album - new pressing on yellow vinyl doesn't sound as good as the original but it is pretty :)

Wow what a turntable. Is that direct drive or a belt drive? I have been told a belt drive has less hum through the table itself. I have been looking for a high end turntable to go with my system , I have Mark Levinson amps and acoustat speakers. spent way to much for them years ago but the sound is unbelievable.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Wow what a turntable. Is that direct drive or a belt drive? I have been told a belt drive has less hum through the table itself. I have been looking for a high end turntable to go with my system , I have Mark Levinson amps and acoustat speakers. spent way to much for them years ago but the sound is unbelievable.
You have some good stuff. We have Krell amps and Martin Logans in the home theater system but the music system is much smaller in a dedicated room now. The tt is belt driven and I have an upgrade for it ordered which will add a thicker acrylic platter. Another upgrade I have ordered is a speed box which will allow me to change speeds 33 & 45 with a button instead of changing motors which are isolated from the Turntable Plinth. There are 3 isolation zones on the turntable.

I like tube amps especially small watt tube amps. Steve Deckert of Deckware is building me a Taboo 6 watt amp, CC2 tube preamp with 2 inputs for music and three outputs for stereo amp and either a sub or a center channel, I might add a sub but only if I need it. Presently I am listening to a pair of Jean Marie Reynaud Twin speakers. They are quite nice in nearfield environment but really do lack low bass that I know is there. I am replacing them with Deckware EER Radial speakers they say disappear in a room. Back to the turntable, it is sitting on a 2" block of air dried maple which has double Mapleshade Isoblocks holding it up. Everything is on a VTI BL series Video Stand with an extra Audio stand added. I like the low and spread out look :) All my equipment sits on 2" air dried maple blocks with double isoblocks under them and some kind of footer under each component. Interconnects are Deckware and Mapleshade, speaker wire is Kimber 8TC or Mapleshade Golden Helix. I do own a Record cleaning / vacuum machine and a few other toys.

Steve Deckert's reference speakers are Accoustat X I believe and he modified them a little. He drives them with one of his 2 watt stereo SET (single ended triode) tube amps to rediculous volumes. Steve's stuff is all hand built and tested by him and lifetime warranted to the original owner. He's a great guy who loves to talk whether you are buying from him or just want to talk stereo.

I'll throw some pics up when I get all the new stuff in and set up.

Last edited:

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Today's CDs:

Jimmy Buffett - Son of a Son of a Sailor
Jimmy Buffett - A1A
John Lennon - Double Fantasy
The Beatles - Rubber Soul

Last edited:

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
You have some good stuff. We have Krell amps and Martin Logans in the home theater system but the music system is much smaller in a dedicated room now. The tt is belt driven and I have an upgrade for it ordered which will add a thicker acrylic platter. Another upgrade I have ordered is a speed box which will allow me to change speeds 33 & 45 with a button instead of changing motors which are isolated from the Turntable Plinth. There are 3 isolation zones on the turntable.

I like tube amps especially small watt tube amps. Steve Deckert of Deckware is building me a Taboo 6 watt amp, CC2 tube preamp with 2 inputs for music and three outputs for stereo amp and either a sub or a center channel, I might add a sub but only if I need it. Presently I am listening to a pair of Jean Marie Reynaud Twin speakers. They are quite nice in nearfield environment but really do lack low bass that I know is there. I am replacing them with Deckware EER Radial speakers they say disappear in a room. Back to the turntable, it is sitting on a 2" block of air dried maple which has double Mapleshade Isoblocks holding it up. Everything is on a VTI BL series Video Stand with an extra Audio stand added. I like the low and spread out look :) All my equipment sits on 2" air dried maple blocks with double isoblocks under them and some kind of footer under each component. Interconnects are Deckware and Mapleshade, speaker wire is Kimber 8TC or Mapleshade Golden Helix. I do own a Record cleaning / vacuum machine and a few other toys.

Steve Deckert's reference speakers are Accoustat X I believe and he modified them a little. He drives them with one of his 2 watt stereo SET (single ended triode) tube amps to rediculous volumes. Steve's stuff is all hand built and tested by him and lifetime warranted to the original owner. He's a great guy who loves to talk whether you are buying from him or just want to talk stereo.

I'll throw some pics up when I get all the new stuff in and set up.
very nice, you definitely know your audio Bayou I would love to hear that system.....

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Music for today/tonight

Ben Harper - Both Sides of the Gun
Anberlin - Cities
Something Corporate - Leaving through the Window
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace

May 4, 2003
Larnaca, Cyprus
James McMurty - Childish Things
My Morning Jacket - Z
Hayes Carl - Trouble in Mind
The Raveonettes - Lust, Lust, Lust
The North Mississippi All-Stars - Hernando
The Clash - Sandinista
The Legendary Shack Shakers - Swampblood
Lucero - Rebels, Rogues and Sworn Brothers
Warren Zevon - Excitable Boy

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Today's CDs:

Van Morrison - A Night in San Francisco
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Band of Horses - Cease to Begin
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.