What are you listening to (Music) - Page 4
Page 4 of 209 FirstFirst 12345678910111454104 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team Professor-JK's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to (Music)

This afternoon I listened to Rinaldo by Handel, it was his first opera and one of my favorites. I like opera when I read.

BamaNation All-American Boclive's Avatar

I have plans (tickets) to see The Academy of Ancient Music perform The Brandenburg Concertos by J.S. Bach in Savannah in a few weeks.

I'm pretty geeked up about it:

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7kbqGU2w8]YouTube - Acad. of Ancient Music: Brandenburgs[/ame]

after that it's The Punch Brothers with Chris Thile:

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vsL99yVMY-M]YouTube - Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile[/ame]

Courtesy of The Savannah Music Festival:

http://www.savannahmusicfestival.org/
    Last edited by Boclive; January 17th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

TooCool Re: What are you listening to (Music)

I have a boring life, still watching the boat come in and out of the marina, listening to Everlast and Dave Matthews..and Blue Traveler the best. This is as close to Bayou's live I can get. the lake is not bad............
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Smile Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by ROTYDE View Post
    I have a boring life, still watching the boat come in and out of the marina, listening to Everlast and Dave Matthews..and Blue Traveler the best. This is as close to Bayou's live I can get. the lake is not bad............
    Things are what I call back to normal after the '07 hurricane. Boat traffic in the bay is almost back to normal. I actually like my new smaller boat 29' down from 45' it's much easier for me to handle and I can keep it at my dock instead of at the marina. Martinique is the most European and probably the most organized of all the islands. We have the best roads, most hospitals, best shopping and lowest unemployment of all the islands. Crime here is also very low even though I have had a couple of petty thefts on my property it is low. We went out to dinner tonight but as soon as I came in put some Sade in the CD player for a little mood music.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    Things are what I call back to normal after the '07 hurricane. Boat traffic in the bay is almost back to normal. I actually like my new smaller boat 29' down from 45' it's much easier for me to handle and I can keep it at my dock instead of at the marina. Martinique is the most European and probably the most organized of all the islands. We have the best roads, most hospitals, best shopping and lowest unemployment of all the islands. Crime here is also very low even though I have had a couple of petty thefts on my property it is low. We went out to dinner tonight but as soon as I came in put some Sade in the CD player for a little mood music.
    Bayou are you looking for a boat?
    Last edited by ROTYDE; January 18th, 2009 at 04:08 PM.

GEORGE BLANDA

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

Quote Originally Posted by ROTYDE View Post
    Bayou I have a 420 searay aftcabiin with twin CAT turbo diesels ,are you looking for a boat?
    No I sold my 45' last summer and got a good deal on a 29' Pro Line Grand Sport with twin outboards. It's a CC with hard top and it's much easier for me to handle. Another thing I like is I no longer have to spend an hour at the pump topping off the tanks. I don't go out that far very often and this is a very safe boat.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

I have a varied taste of music in my CD collection...but no country music...not a big fan. I tend to listen to a lot of stuff that I play on my internet radio show "The Hard Rawkin' 80's Show" hard rock and hairbands of the 80's and early 90's. Although I do like 70's and 80's rock that would be included in my show plus some lighter stuff. This is what I listened to this week.

Roxy Blue - Westwood One Live in Concert
    Tora Tora - Surprise Attack
    Boston - Greatest Hits
    Billy Joel - Piano Man
    Johnny Van Zant Band - No More Dirty Deals
    Winger - Live
    Sweet F.A. - Stick To Your Guns
    Doobie Bros. - Best Of

Hiroshima, new age music and Frank Sinatra from the box set.

This morning it's a little Dean Martin mixed in with Big band , Glenn Miller and finishing off with Billie Holiday.....

GEORGE BLANDA

On LP:

In the Right Place - Dr. John
    Harvest - Neil Young
    Working Man's Dead - Grateful Dead
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

Wink Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Tonight a selection of 70's easy listening on a multidisc set. Just going to chill, and the Temp is dropping by the way...Got a fire going.Love that wood smell......RTR

GEORGE BLANDA

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar

Today's CDs:

Delbert McClinton - Nothing Personal
    Genesis - Duke
    The Beatles - Abbey Road
    Wings - Wings Over America
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

Jennifer Warren Famous Blue Raincoat on LP, Art Pepper Gettin' Together and No Limit on LP.

I like the sound of vinyl over CD not that you can't make a CD sound good but vinyl has that extra layer of life a CD never seems to reach.