What are you listening to (Music) - Page 5
Page 5 of 207 FirstFirst 1234567891011121555105 ... LastLast

TooCool Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Today, Black Oak Arkansas....street party....
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-JK View Post
    Jennifer Warren Famous Blue Raincoat on LP, Art Pepper Gettin' Together and No Limit on LP.

I like the sound of vinyl over CD not that you can't make a CD sound good but vinyl has that extra layer of life a CD never seems to reach.
    Famous Blue Raincoat is one of my favorite albums by her. You seem to be a serious listener what are you listening with?
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Second Team Professor-JK's Avatar

My music room is also my library / home office. After years of living with a Linn Naim system I decided a change was due and I purchased a Clearaudio Master Solution turntable with two arms, one arm is by Clearaudio the other is a Graham which I believe to be the superior of the two. The Graham holds a Koetsu moving coil phono cartridge and the Clearaudio holds a Grado Moving Iron cartrige. My other sources are Marantz 10B tuner I have owned since new in 1967 and Rega Planet CD player. My integrated amp is a Carey CAD 300 and speakers are Cain & Cain Abby with the Bailey subwoofer. Even at low volumes I usually listen to create a very warm and satisfying experience. A close friend of mine introduced me to SET amps and full range single driver speakers a couple of years ago and I made the plunge. The room is filled with books, albums and soft furniture so there is no room treatment other than two bass traps set in two corners of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor-JK View Post
    My music room is also my library / home office. After years of living with a Linn Naim system I decided a change was due and I purchased a Clearaudio Master Solution turntable with two arms, one arm is by Clearaudio the other is a Graham which I believe to be the superior of the two. The Graham holds a Koetsu moving coil phono cartridge and the Clearaudio holds a Grado Moving Iron cartrige. My other sources are Marantz 10B tuner I have owned since new in 1967 and Rega Planet CD player. My integrated amp is a Carey CAD 300 and speakers are Cain & Cain Abby with the Bailey subwoofer. Even at low volumes I usually listen to create a very warm and satisfying experience. A close friend of mine introduced me to SET amps and full range single driver speakers a couple of years ago and I made the plunge. The room is filled with books, albums and soft furniture so there is no room treatment other than two bass traps set in two corners of the room.
    Damn that makes my system look like a clock radio! Nice way to drop $50K Prof.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

This afternoon at the office it was mostly a blend of Leslie West & Bad Company with the occasional Joe Satriani (sp?) thrown in (on pandora radio...these 2 kept coming up, which was very nice). LW's one of my all-time favorite guitar slingers, and Paul Rodgers of BC is one of my all-time favorite rock singers.

I'm now a bit jealous of boclive's ancient music group doing the Brandenburg concertos. That'll be awesome!

Also, a question for Bayou & Prof, though others can chime in too of course. Where's the best place to find a replacement cartridge for a turntable? I'm not even in the same building as you guys, let alone on the same floor. I have an ancient Technics turntable that was decent back in the day. (hasn't been used in a loooong time) Can such ancient cartridges still be found? I'm not @ the house & can't recall the model. Sorry for the vagueness!
    (end of hijack)

exiled
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by exiledNms View Post
    This afternoon at the office it was mostly a blend of Leslie West & Bad Company with the occasional Joe Satriani (sp?) thrown in (on pandora radio...these 2 kept coming up, which was very nice). LW's one of my all-time favorite guitar slingers, and Paul Rodgers of BC is one of my all-time favorite rock singers.

I'm now a bit jealous of boclive's ancient music group doing the Brandenburg concertos. That'll be awesome!

Also, a question for Bayou & Prof, though others can chime in too of course. Where's the best place to find a replacement cartridge for a turntable? I'm not even in the same building as you guys, let alone on the same floor. I have an ancient Technics turntable that was decent back in the day. (hasn't been used in a loooong time) Can such ancient cartridges still be found? I'm not @ the house & can't recall the model. Sorry for the vagueness!
    (end of hijack)

exiled
    Needle Doctor call and ask to speak to Brian he will fix you up. Yes they still make cartridges for your turntable and they are better now than ever. Check out the new Rega, Music Hall and Pro-Ject turntables, one might fit your budget.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

I also recommend Sam Arnold or Andrew Malott with Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472 ask if they have any closeout deals. I love picking up scratch and dent items and demo equipment. Audio equipment of all kinds has what is called a burn in period where it will not sound as good as you thought. If it sounds good new just wait till it gets 50 to 100 hours use and the sound blooms. They are also a source for hard to find albums. In your case I would suggest one of the lower cost Grado cartridges. They are all handmade, incredibly well built and sound better than most of the cartridges on the market costing three times as much.

I suppose myself and Bayou could make up a list of low cost tweeks that would improve the sound of any system whether it's a clock radio or super high end stereo.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

The Gene Ammons Story: Gentle Jug

Smooth jazz sax.

BamaNation All-American

today for my listening pleasure i am delving into some robert plant and roy orbison along with the traveling wilburys.

Nat King Cole
    Harry Belafonte
    Ertha Kitt

Ertha was also a Mutt as Obama likes to call himself. She was born the daughter of a woman half black, half Cherokee Indian and a father who was a poor white cotton farmer in the Carolinas. She had amazing exotic good looks and as far as I know only married white men though her skin was dark. Orson Wells once called her the most exciting woman in the world. Her voice is pure magic on vinyl. On a great system you can hear her purr and almost smell her sweet breath.

TooCool Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Tonight doing American Idol and then trying to repair my ears with some Barry White followed by Blues Traveler.

GEORGE BLANDA

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

Smile Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by ROTYDE View Post
    Tonight doing American Idol and then trying to repair my ears with some Barry White followed by Blues Traveler.
    Everytime I listen to Barry White I find myself tangled up in a nightgown.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

Wink Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    Everytime I listen to Barry White I find myself tangled up in a nightgown.
    That was kind of the plan, if I can get her to listen with me..LOL
    amazing what Barry a bottle of wine and a hot tub can do...

GEORGE BLANDA