What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
The Dead were originally set for April 23rd. Then the whole southern part of the tour was rescheduled for later, which meant the T-town
date became 5/17. Sadly, that meant the U of A wasn't in session for classes AND it was up against the Zep a day later in Bham.

Who'd you hear at Greune Hall?
Sarah Pierce Band. She's out of Austin. Good sound but a little too Nashvillish for me. But it was a free show so can't really complain :)

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I must say that my appreciation for music doesn't include the "Dead", only a couple of songs. Just a preference issue. Never has been something I've acquired!

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Ok, I've had this cd in my cars player for a couple of weeks now, so i'll give them a shout out. Been listening to a band called Alpha Rev out of Austin. The album is called Bloom and was released back in middle of March. My son put me onto them. Very good disc, the music blends a little Coldplay with maybe the Civil Wars? Strange mix but it works and think you guys would like the vibe.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Old school :)

Great lyrics, btw.....

CAST YOUR FATE TO THE WIND

A month of nights, a year of days
Octobers drifting into Mays
I set my sail when the tide comes in
And I just cast my fate to the wind
I shift my course along the breeze
Won't sail upwind on memories
The empty sky is my best friend
And I just cast my fate to the wind
--
There never was, there couldn't be
A place in time for men like me
Who'd drink the dark and laugh at day
And let their wildest dreams blow away...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm a baby boomer growing up in the 60's, basically. My dad was a music nut! He especially appreciated bands with emphasis on instrumentation. One of his favourites was Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass. We must have have 10 of their albums! I'm pretty sure this is where I got my own love of music from. Thanks Dad!

Here is one of my very favourites....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.