Billy Joel - Piano Man

BamaNation All-American

What are you listening to (Music)

My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges

Wayne Shorter - The Blue Note Years

BamaNation All-American

Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Band of Horses

And a few select tunes from The Raconteurs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

Tonight, some Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz............on cassette. Had it taped by friend back in the eighties (Buckingham Nicks on the B side) and haven't found a replacement yet.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    Tonight, some Craig Fuller and Eric Kaz............on cassette. Had it taped by friend back in the eighties (Buckingham Nicks on the B side) and haven't found a replacement yet.
    Buckingham Nicks was a great album. Mick Fleetwood wanted Lindsay Buckingham but Lindsay said he and Stevie were a package deal. A couple of songs off that album rolled over onto the first album they did with Fleetwood Mac.

Trivial Question: what does Fleetwood Mac mean?
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

TooCool Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    Buckingham Nicks was a great album. Mick Fleetwood wanted Lindsay Buckingham but Lindsay said he and Stevie were a package deal. A couple of songs off that album rolled over onto the first album they did with Fleetwood Mac.

The band was named after Mick Fleetwood and the sought after John McVie as a way to get him in to the band. It also was a instrumental song.
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

I thought it was a blend of names: Mick Fleetwod & the McVies. But my age-addled mind also recalls that FM existed before they were all together didn't they? Short answer: I don't know any more. (This seems to be becoming my life motto...)

I do agree that BN was a great album. On a semi-related note, I saw Stevie (solo) @ Bama in the early 80s. Very good show; she had a killer band backing her! Waddy Wachtel, Wizard from Mother's Finest on bass, Liberty Devito (sp?) from Billy Joel's band on drums...much fun.

To end my own hijack, it's Monday metal this morning: Blind Guardian & Nightwish. Good to get the ol' dude moving forward...

exiled
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

It's On A Slab

I was obsessed last night with getting the ultimate 60s and 70s R&B playlist loaded on my iPod.

By 11PM, i had run the gamut from the Temptations, Supremes, Four Tops, Spinners, O'Jays, Marvin Gaye, Curtis Mayfield, Gladys Knight & The Pips, The Staples, Singers, James Brown, the Delfonics. the Stylistics, Otis Redding, Sam and Dave, Sam Cooke, Booker T, The Bar-Kays, The Dramatics and even the one-hit wonders like Steam's "Nana Hey Hey".

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar

It really is a terrific album that's gone mostly unnoticed. I always thought it was ironic that Stevie came into Fleetwood Mac as a tag along and wound up becoming the biggest name in the band. I also think Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar

Smile Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    It really is a terrific album that's gone mostly unnoticed. I always thought it was ironic that Stevie came into Fleetwood Mac as a tag along and wound up becoming the biggest name in the band. I also think Lindsey Buckingham is a very underrated guitarist.
    After Rumors, Stevie was my favorite in the band. Over the last 10 years, Christine with her wonderful voice and lovely style has become my overall favorite of the band. I love her songwriting, musical style and voice. As one friend of mine put it, she would be the ideal person to have over for tea.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

Tonight's vinyl (thx to this thread):

The Mac - Rumors
    The Mac - Tusk
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

TooCool Re: What are you listening to (Music)

Quote Originally Posted by IHateUT View Post
    Band of Horses

IMHO, the best new band over the last 10 years.

BamaNation All-American

Is there anyone else on this board who remembers hearing Buckingham Nicks at Morgan Auditorium? Yep. I was there . .

Waddy Wachtel was in THAT touring band, too.