What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Re: : What are you listening to (Music)

An appropriate song just released by the English Folk Group Bellowhead. This is their last album. It's an old Sea Shanty Song that sailors sang while working. June 19 marks the Anniversary of the Sinking of the CSS Alabama during the Civil War.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

^
Outstanding, LDlane. Thanks for this.
i agree....I actually researched the CSS Alabama this morning before leaving for work and it has a remarkable background....built in England and was sunk off the coast of France for starters....

Here's more info: LINK

The song was very well done - a refreshing change from all the crap 579 and I usually post! :)

Please post again soon, Lance.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

Thanks! I bought the last CD in stock at Amazon!

Here is the original in true sailor fashion:

i agree....I actually researched the CSS Alabama this morning before leaving for work and it has a remarkable background....built in England and was sunk off the coast of France for starters....

Here's more info: LINK

The song was very well done - a refreshing change from all the crap 579 and I usually post! :)

Please post again soon, Lance.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
^ A fine, fine, rock'n'soul band that should have made LOTS more $$ than they did.

Thanks and LIKE.

Wet Willie again . . "That's all right" live from 1973.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfU3ZPiuLc

Thanks! Back at ya......

They opened for The Allman Brothers Band in '72-'73 at a concert I attended in Tampa. I have a couple pics somewhere I'll try to find......

This one is from a really great album......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.