What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
paul mccartney -flaming pie w/ steve miller on guitar,,,steely dan- two against nature

Professor-JK

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2009
Stamford, CT
I started my day off with breakfast and listened to a CBS Masterworks copy of Schumann, Fantasia in C major, op.17 with Rudolf Firkusny at the piano.

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia
II like all those old Blues masters and it was amazing how many played Tuscaloosa at the Druid City Lounge. Many Saturday nights I went to see artists like Walter Dixon, Muddy Waters, Lightning Hopkins, John Lee Hooker and several others. Most of the time I was the only white boy in the building and this was the mid 60s.
I did the same thing, late 60s through the 70s. But, since I lived in Ann Arbor Michigan, at the time, a bunch of us would go to Chicago and cruise the north side bars. We would spend the night walking from blues bar to blues bar and listening to anyone who was playing. All the blues greats eventually played there, either as head liners or just showing up and sitting in for a song or a set with some other band. Man good times. :)

Right now I am listening to Delta Moon, a Georgia based blues group. If you haven't heard them you should give them a try.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
New turntable is uber good!

Linda Ronstadt - Heart Like A Wheel - 180g reissue LP
Eric Clapton - Complete Clapton, side 5 - 180g LP
Led Zepplin - Zofo, original Atlantic pressing LP
The Who - Who Are You - 180g reissue LP
Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison - 180g reissue LP
Jennifer Warren - Famous Blue Raincoat - 200g LP

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com

The Everly Brothers Reunion Concert - LP
Shaddowfax - LP
Susan Vega - LP
Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells - LP
Peter Gabriel So - LP

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The new table is the Pro ject right? I couldn't tell what the cartridge was. I'm getting blind. Have to have glasses for everything.
Rule of thumb is if you can't decide on a cartridge buy a Grado. That is a wood bodied Grado Reference Sonata. 47K MM.

The color is Piano dark gray. I haven't seen any dark gray pianos and I think it would have looked better in Piano Black but it's growing on me. The little silver face box behind the motor is a speed box to change speeds and smooth out the motor rpms.

That turntable is 45 pounds of fun.

Last edited:

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Loud, screaming big band jazz: Maynard Ferguson. Listened to various cuts today, but the ones I've always liked since my own HS jazz playing days stood out again: "Superbone meets the Badman" (I always wanted to be able to play bari sax like Bruce does on this one), "Chameleon," & MF's version of Chick Corea's "La Fiesta."

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
Tonight's vinyl:

Dire Straits - Making Movies
Linda Ronstadt and the Nelson Riddle Orchestra - What's New? (bayou made me think of this with Heart Like a Wheel);)

CapstoneStan

All-American
Feb 5, 2001
Manchester, TN
Vinyl tonight is:

Albert Collins Ice Pickin'

Outlaws Outlaws a Direct Disk Labs Super Disk

Green Grass, High Tides never sounded better.

I have also listened to Al DiMeola Elegant Gypsy on cd.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
LP:

Albert Collins - Cold Snap, Thanks Stan for making me want to listen to this again.

Muddy Waters - Folksinger

Everly Brothers - Reunion Album (Live 1983) This doesn't sound like the 1962 Everly Brothers, wow what classy arrangements.

Last edited:

BigAL413

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006
Dodson Branch, TN
Brand New - Deja Entendu
Patrick Park - Everyones In Everyone
Great album...I wish he would put another album out. All his current albums have the same songs on them.

It's nice to see someone else listens to Patrick Park.

I assume you like newer "folk" music, so if you haven't already checked them out - you'd probably like:

Rocky Votolato
Colby Stead
Joshua James
Joe Purdy
Joey Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.