What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Allison Krauss, Bonnie Raitt, and Trisha Yearwood on Pandora.
If you like Bonnie Raitt, listen to Adele's version of I Can't Make You Love Me from her Royal Albert Hall concert.

My Morning Jacket - "Circuital"

Caught on to them late . . Seeing them live a couple of years ago in Bham really opened my eyes and ears.
I saw MMJ in Tuscaloosa in August for a Tuscaloosa benefit. I can easily see how your ears were opened after the concert.

Today, I rode into work listening to Whiskeytown. Good stuff.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have loved them for a few years now. Also a big fan of Fleet Foxes and British Sea Power.
Not sure how I missed your post, but my girlfriend and I took my brother and sister-in-law to the Fleet Foxes concert in the Alabama Theater for his birthday present in October. I've seen Coldplay, Wilco and My Morning Jacket, but Fleet Foxes was the best concert I've attended hands down. The only thing I didn't like was they didn't sing my favorite song - Oliver James.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Just my humble opinion but I don't think better music has been written or played since "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed".

When I went away to college (1972) The Allman Brothers Band were my favourite band, especially living in the south and being a teenager who was really into music. These guys were amazing!

This is how music was meant to be played!

(not the best video or audio but still worth it!)

Have a GREAT w/e! ~Baz

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
A friend showed me a group called Explosions in the Sky. I've been listening to them a bit. Reminds me of another band I like called Red Sparowes. It's all instrumental, which I like.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
A friend showed me a group called Explosions in the Sky. I've been listening to them a bit. Reminds me of another band I like called Red Sparowes. It's all instrumental, which I like.

Explosions in the Sky is a great band. Most will recognize them as music from the movie, Friday Night Lights.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Tom T Hall.
From the "Storyteller. . " box. Jumping around on the three discs:
The year Clayton Delaney died; Old dogs, children, watermelon wine; Faster horses; I flew over our house last night; Pamela Brown

Listening to John Prine (The Missing Years) driving home from work put me in the frame of mind for Tom T.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
I think we need to have a board dedicated to music. We have one for books and one for video games. I think a music board would be well received.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Friend introduced my to the Black Keys. I've been watching this music video over and over all day and I can't stop laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.