What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Johnny Cash’s imposing presence fills the room in this 1981 music video for “The Baron,” which co-stars his wife, June Carter Cash, and future son-in-law Marty Stuart.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The new Tool album ,"Fear Inoculum" is SICK. I love it so much.
This is really outside the box music. Percussion is fantastic. I don’t know how any of it is counted. I’ve passed Fear Inoculum on to several musician friends and we’re all fascinated. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Got no reason for coming to me
In the rain running down, there's no reason
And the same voice coming to me
Like it's all slowin' down and believe me

I was the one who let you know
I was your sorry ever after '74-'75

It's not easy, nothing to say
Cause it's already said, it's never easy
When I look on your eyes then I find that I'll do fine
When I look on your eyes then I'll do better

I was the one who let you know
I was your sorry ever after '74-'75
Giving me more and I'll defy
Cause you're really only after '74-'75

Written in 1992, it’s a song about a woman who tracks down her long-ago lover with whom she had a relationship in 1974 and ‘75. The song is the man’s response to her having come back to see him after so many years have elapsed – he suspects that she may want to restart their love affair, but he remembers that it was he who broke off the relationship, causing her extreme emotional trauma and pain from which she has never really recovered (i.e. “I was your sorry ever after” is the line that refers to this). He is embarrassed and guilt-ridden over the damage he has done her, and knows that if they were to try and restart their affair it wouldn’t work, and he’d only end up hurting her again. This makes him defensive towards her, so he sings that she has no reason to have tracked him down again after 17 years.
It’s really a statement of hopelessness, that their involvement together is all over for good and nothing could make it re-flower.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Did some work outside this morning and for some reason my tummy is a little queasy so came inside to watch the tube a bit and found TCM is airing a bunch of 60's spy thrillers today. Just finished watching the last hour of this one and three more on the way.

Dame Shirley Bassey!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
This is really outside the box music. Percussion is fantastic. I don’t know how any of it is counted. I’ve passed Fear Inoculum on to several musician friends and we’re all fascinated. Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
i've been listening to this a good bit over the last couple of weeks. i occasionally think i have a time signature figured out, then i realize i'm not close ;)

in addition to the percussion, the guitar/bass work with the effects is awesome throughout, and keenan's vocals are ridiculous. i keep thinking he is singing middle easternish quartertones in a few spots.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
"American Pie"

In February 2015, McLean announced he would reveal the meaning of the lyrics to the song when the original manuscript went for auction in New York City, in April 2015. The lyrics and notes were auctioned on April 7, and sold for $1.2 million. In the sale catalogue notes, McLean revealed the meaning in the song's lyrics: "Basically in American Pie things are heading in the wrong direction. ... It [life] is becoming less idyllic. I don't know whether you consider that wrong or right but it is a morality song in a sense." The catalogue confirmed some of the better known references in the song's lyrics, including mentions of Elvis Presley ("the king") and Bob Dylan ("the jester"), and confirmed that the song culminates with a near-verbatim description of the death of Meredith Hunter at the Altamont Free Concert, ten years after the plane crash that killed Holly, Valens, and Richardson.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
She was half of one of the great love stories in history.

Linda Eastman McCartney would have turned 78 years old today.

Paul and Linda were married for over 28 years and in all the time, they only spent 11 nights apart.

Happy Birthday Linda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.