What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I have plans (tickets) to see The Academy of Ancient Music perform The Brandenburg Concertos by J.S. Bach in Savannah in a few weeks.

I'm pretty geeked up about it:

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VG7kbqGU2w8]YouTube - Acad. of Ancient Music: Brandenburgs[/ame]

after that it's The Punch Brothers with Chris Thile:

[ame=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vsL99yVMY-M]YouTube - Punch Brothers featuring Chris Thile[/ame]

Courtesy of The Savannah Music Festival:

[URL]http://www.savannahmusicfestival.org/[/URL]

Last edited:

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
I have a boring life, still watching the boat come in and out of the marina, listening to Everlast and Dave Matthews..and Blue Traveler the best. This is as close to Bayou's live I can get. the lake is not bad............

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I have a boring life, still watching the boat come in and out of the marina, listening to Everlast and Dave Matthews..and Blue Traveler the best. This is as close to Bayou's live I can get. the lake is not bad............
Things are what I call back to normal after the '07 hurricane. Boat traffic in the bay is almost back to normal. I actually like my new smaller boat 29' down from 45' it's much easier for me to handle and I can keep it at my dock instead of at the marina. Martinique is the most European and probably the most organized of all the islands. We have the best roads, most hospitals, best shopping and lowest unemployment of all the islands. Crime here is also very low even though I have had a couple of petty thefts on my property it is low. We went out to dinner tonight but as soon as I came in put some Sade in the CD player for a little mood music.

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Things are what I call back to normal after the '07 hurricane. Boat traffic in the bay is almost back to normal. I actually like my new smaller boat 29' down from 45' it's much easier for me to handle and I can keep it at my dock instead of at the marina. Martinique is the most European and probably the most organized of all the islands. We have the best roads, most hospitals, best shopping and lowest unemployment of all the islands. Crime here is also very low even though I have had a couple of petty thefts on my property it is low. We went out to dinner tonight but as soon as I came in put some Sade in the CD player for a little mood music.
Bayou are you looking for a boat?

Last edited:

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Bayou I have a 420 searay aftcabiin with twin CAT turbo diesels ,are you looking for a boat?
No I sold my 45' last summer and got a good deal on a 29' Pro Line Grand Sport with twin outboards. It's a CC with hard top and it's much easier for me to handle. Another thing I like is I no longer have to spend an hour at the pump topping off the tanks. I don't go out that far very often and this is a very safe boat.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I have a varied taste of music in my CD collection...but no country music...not a big fan. I tend to listen to a lot of stuff that I play on my internet radio show "The Hard Rawkin' 80's Show" hard rock and hairbands of the 80's and early 90's. Although I do like 70's and 80's rock that would be included in my show plus some lighter stuff. This is what I listened to this week.

Roxy Blue - Westwood One Live in Concert
Tora Tora - Surprise Attack
Boston - Greatest Hits
Billy Joel - Piano Man
Johnny Van Zant Band - No More Dirty Deals
Winger - Live
Sweet F.A. - Stick To Your Guns
Doobie Bros. - Best Of

Professor-JK

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2009
Stamford, CT
Jennifer Warren Famous Blue Raincoat on LP, Art Pepper Gettin' Together and No Limit on LP.

I like the sound of vinyl over CD not that you can't make a CD sound good but vinyl has that extra layer of life a CD never seems to reach.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Jennifer Warren Famous Blue Raincoat on LP, Art Pepper Gettin' Together and No Limit on LP.

I like the sound of vinyl over CD not that you can't make a CD sound good but vinyl has that extra layer of life a CD never seems to reach.
Famous Blue Raincoat is one of my favorite albums by her. You seem to be a serious listener what are you listening with?

Professor-JK

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2009
Stamford, CT
My music room is also my library / home office. After years of living with a Linn Naim system I decided a change was due and I purchased a Clearaudio Master Solution turntable with two arms, one arm is by Clearaudio the other is a Graham which I believe to be the superior of the two. The Graham holds a Koetsu moving coil phono cartridge and the Clearaudio holds a Grado Moving Iron cartrige. My other sources are Marantz 10B tuner I have owned since new in 1967 and Rega Planet CD player. My integrated amp is a Carey CAD 300 and speakers are Cain & Cain Abby with the Bailey subwoofer. Even at low volumes I usually listen to create a very warm and satisfying experience. A close friend of mine introduced me to SET amps and full range single driver speakers a couple of years ago and I made the plunge. The room is filled with books, albums and soft furniture so there is no room treatment other than two bass traps set in two corners of the room.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
My music room is also my library / home office. After years of living with a Linn Naim system I decided a change was due and I purchased a Clearaudio Master Solution turntable with two arms, one arm is by Clearaudio the other is a Graham which I believe to be the superior of the two. The Graham holds a Koetsu moving coil phono cartridge and the Clearaudio holds a Grado Moving Iron cartrige. My other sources are Marantz 10B tuner I have owned since new in 1967 and Rega Planet CD player. My integrated amp is a Carey CAD 300 and speakers are Cain & Cain Abby with the Bailey subwoofer. Even at low volumes I usually listen to create a very warm and satisfying experience. A close friend of mine introduced me to SET amps and full range single driver speakers a couple of years ago and I made the plunge. The room is filled with books, albums and soft furniture so there is no room treatment other than two bass traps set in two corners of the room.
Damn that makes my system look like a clock radio! Nice way to drop $50K Prof.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
This afternoon at the office it was mostly a blend of Leslie West & Bad Company with the occasional Joe Satriani (sp?) thrown in (on pandora radio...these 2 kept coming up, which was very nice). LW's one of my all-time favorite guitar slingers, and Paul Rodgers of BC is one of my all-time favorite rock singers.

I'm now a bit jealous of boclive's ancient music group doing the Brandenburg concertos. That'll be awesome!

Also, a question for Bayou & Prof, though others can chime in too of course. Where's the best place to find a replacement cartridge for a turntable? I'm not even in the same building as you guys, let alone on the same floor. I have an ancient Technics turntable that was decent back in the day. (hasn't been used in a loooong time) Can such ancient cartridges still be found? I'm not @ the house & can't recall the model. Sorry for the vagueness!
(end of hijack)

exiled

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This afternoon at the office it was mostly a blend of Leslie West & Bad Company with the occasional Joe Satriani (sp?) thrown in (on pandora radio...these 2 kept coming up, which was very nice). LW's one of my all-time favorite guitar slingers, and Paul Rodgers of BC is one of my all-time favorite rock singers.

I'm now a bit jealous of boclive's ancient music group doing the Brandenburg concertos. That'll be awesome!

Also, a question for Bayou & Prof, though others can chime in too of course. Where's the best place to find a replacement cartridge for a turntable? I'm not even in the same building as you guys, let alone on the same floor. I have an ancient Technics turntable that was decent back in the day. (hasn't been used in a loooong time) Can such ancient cartridges still be found? I'm not @ the house & can't recall the model. Sorry for the vagueness!
(end of hijack)

exiled
Needle Doctor call and ask to speak to Brian he will fix you up. Yes they still make cartridges for your turntable and they are better now than ever. Check out the new Rega, Music Hall and Pro-Ject turntables, one might fit your budget.

Professor-JK

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2009
Stamford, CT
I also recommend Sam Arnold or Andrew Malott with Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472 ask if they have any closeout deals. I love picking up scratch and dent items and demo equipment. Audio equipment of all kinds has what is called a burn in period where it will not sound as good as you thought. If it sounds good new just wait till it gets 50 to 100 hours use and the sound blooms. They are also a source for hard to find albums. In your case I would suggest one of the lower cost Grado cartridges. They are all handmade, incredibly well built and sound better than most of the cartridges on the market costing three times as much.

I suppose myself and Bayou could make up a list of low cost tweeks that would improve the sound of any system whether it's a clock radio or super high end stereo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.