What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
-snip- An old band geek myself, so I will throw a slight wrench in this thread with these 4 trombonists doing an old Glen Campbell song.
I actually played trombone in elementary school. Mine was made by Conn. I never followed through into Jr. High but my next oldest brother did with Cornet all the way into college.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
When I enrolled in college in the fall of 1972, my fav. band was the A.B.B.. Was very fortunate to see them in the next year in concert.....and to experience in person that period through the 70's when they released so much great music, including Greg's solo work.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My brother and I must have played our 'Idlewild South' 8 track over and over 50 million times.....

I don't know about other parts of the country but where we lived here in Florida EVERYONE was a huge Allman Brothers fan. Everyone....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
"Hello" is a song by Lionel Richie. Taken as the third single from Richie's multi-platinum album Can't Slow Down, the song was released in 1984 and reached number one on three Billboard music charts. The song also went to number one in the United Kingdom. It is considered by some to be Richie's signature song. The song is particularly memorable for the line "Hello, is it me you're looking for?". In an interview broadcast in the UK on Channel 4's Top 100 Number One Hits, Richie said he had been thanked by a large number of normally tongue-tied men who had proposed marriage after a slow dance to the song.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Listening to some Loggins and Messina this afternoon while doing domestics.

One of my favourites from their "Mother Lode" album....I like this live version better than the album version......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This album really brings back some great memories. After a couple years working in the foliage industry in Central Florida as a grower I got a job at a landscape nursery in NSB and moved back here. This was in '79. Me and another fellow surfer a little younger than I rented a house a half block from the ocean. I had a good friend who was a popular board maker and he and his wife lived at the end of the street. I would walk down there at night on certain nights to socialize. He was an avid fisherman and would routinely have fresh fish ready for us to consume while we sat around and listened to some good tunes. On his record player, of course. Kenny Loggins was always a popular selection for us. This his first solo album was just an amazing piece of music magic.

Funny thing is after all these years although we live in different houses - we are still within' walking distance of each other. We don't hang out like we used to - which is a shame. Same old sad excuse.....people get busy.

Here's to you Randy and Cindy (and Lady - their black Lab)......

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I've been in a rock and rebellious mood, so I've been listening to Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, Billy Idol, etc

Because I am a knuckle head, I also kind of like Stray Cats "Rock this town."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.