Girls HS apologizes for 100-0 win.

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
I agree. To run a press on defense when you are winning like that is shameful.
That is what I have the biggest problem with. It dont think it said (I could be wrong) if the starters were still in or not. If it was the backups in the game then I dont have a problem with the girls shooting 3's and running the offense. They practiced just like everyone else and deserve the shot to show what they can do, rather up by 3 or i guess 100. That doesnt mean you have to press though. Just run your normal defense and a slower version of your offense and see if your backups can execute in that situation. Which from the looks of it anyone could execute against there defense.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
They did run a slower version. In fact, they slowed down so much that they only scored 12 points in the entire 4th quarter!
Now for an update:
The coach has refused to apologize for the wide margin of victory, saying his girls "played with honor and integrity". SO THEY FIRED HIM!!!

Rivals High - Unapologetic coach of 100-0 win fired by school

I'd be willing to bet he has offers from other schools real soon!!

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
They did run a slower version. In fact, they slowed down so much that they only scored 12 points in the entire 4th quarter!
Now for an update:
The coach has refused to apologize for the wide margin of victory, saying his girls "played with honor and integrity". SO THEY FIRED HIM!!!

Rivals High - Unapologetic coach of 100-0 win fired by school

I'd be willing to bet he has offers from other schools real soon!!

I don't think so. When you come out publicly against administrators usually that stuff follows you around at HS level from Job to Job. It was a "christian" school also and looking at their mission statement that type of behavior is incompatible. He might want to check at JUCO level if he is qualified.

100 to 0 doesn't "just happen" with no shot clock. He must think the rest of the world is stupid.

The bottom line is that the school that lost has 8 players on the team. From what I read Covenant is a "powerhouse" and the probably shouldn't be playing. It will be interesting when a copy of the tape hits Youtube.

Last edited:

ghickok234

All-SEC
Oct 31, 2006
Vinemont, AL
Now for an update:

That is crazy, why fire the man for being honest.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Because there are things you can do as a coach when the score is 59 - 0 at the half to stop the onslaught. Despite what he thinks, 100-0 (without a shot clock) just doesn't happen. And you don't keep cheering for more points.

I will be he was fired because he "publicly" disagreed with the admin. and Board policies usually stipulate such things.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.