Entre: Shrimp Bisque

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Combine onion, bell pepper and butter in sauce pot and sauté until the onions are translucent.
Add cream of celery and cream of mushroom soup; mix well.
Slowly add the milk; stirring thoroughly to properly combine all ingredients.
Whisk in all dry spices and other seasonings (reserve the cornstarch) and bring to a simmer.
Add shrimp to soup mixture and let cook until the shrimp are cooked completely.
Dissolve cornstarch in ½ cup water and add to bisque to thicken if desired.

Chicken base is a product which has the consistency of a paste and is made commercially by boiling down chicken soup for long periods of time until the water is removed. It keeps well under refrigeration. It is used as a replacement for chicken bouillon (which may be substituted when chicken base is not available) or better yet, use chicken stock if you have it.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This may be a dumb question.. but, Whats chicken base?
What I recall chicken base is something like chicken bullion in granulated form instead of cubes. Look in the same place where they sell bullion in the grocery. It may be called soup base and there should be a beef and vegetable like product.

Wow check this out!

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Better-Than-Bouillon-Chicken-Base/dp/B00016LA7K]BASE[/ame]

I

It's On A Slab

I made this tonight, and the comfort food was most appreciated.

It's barely above the single digits here after Friday night's snowstorm.

I'm sure the stick of butter won't kill me.

I used whole milk.

Thanks for the "old family recipe" that I'm telling everyone it is. ;)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I made this tonight, and the comfort food was most appreciated.

It's barely above the single digits here after Friday night's snowstorm.

I'm sure the stick of butter won't kill me.

I used whole milk.

Thanks for the "old family recipe" that I'm telling everyone it is. ;)
May you die full and happy Slab. There are some times there is no substitute for whole milk and butter. :)

I

It's On A Slab

May you die full and happy Slab. There are some times there is no substitute for whole milk and butter. :)
It was quite good Saturday night, but not even 4 Rolaids would put a dent on my discomfort later.

I'm just not used to all that butter and milkfat. I used a stick of butter (4 oz as indicated) and whole milk.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
It was quite good Saturday night, but not even 4 Rolaids would put a dent on my discomfort later.

I'm just not used to all that butter and milkfat. I used a stick of butter (4 oz as indicated) and whole milk.
What a wuss I usually add a pint of heavy cream also. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.