Anthony Grant "Agrees In Principle" to UA Hoops Job
TideFans Staff Reports
March 27, 2009
Earlier this evening VCU's Anthony Grant confirmed that he had "agreed in principle" to Alabama's offer to become the Crimson Tide's next basketball coach. Reports say that Grant, who earned $850,000 in 2008-09 at VCU, stands to make two to three times that amount at Alabama.
Statement from UA Athletics Director Mal Moore:
"I am pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement in principle with Anthony Grant to become men's basketball coach at the University of Alabama. As our search progressed over the last few weeks it became readily apparent that Coach Grant is an excellent fit to lead our program. His record at Virginia Commonwealth is outstanding and his coaching background is filled with championship success at the collegiate level."
Here are reports on the agreeement:
- UA gets it's man with Anthony Grant | TideSports.com | The Tuscaloosa News | Tuscaloosa, AL
- Grant leaving VCU to coach at Alabama | Richmond Times-Dispatch
- [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4022289"]Virginia Commonwealth's Grant takes job at Alabama - ESPN[/ame]
- INTERACTIVE: Grant's journey to UA | TideSports.com | The Tuscaloosa News | Tuscaloosa, AL
- Anthony Grant: "We have been given the opportunity to create a very special situation for men's basketball at the University of Alabama." - The Bama Beat - al.com
Anthony Grant Coaching Profiles