Bama vs Florida

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
Once again walks haunt us! I hope that improves next year. Congrats ladies on a great season...and thank you to the seniors who have helped build & solidify the tradition that has become Bama softball!

Truly amazed. Our athletic teams find new and amazing ways to lose. I don't even know what to say. :conf2:

And might I add, Florida's athletic teams find new and amazing ways to win. Did their AD sell their soul to the devil a few years ago? What's the deal, Is there a sport they aren't good at? There's never been a better time to be a Gator fan than in the 2000's. . .
Yeah Im bound to agree and this is why I hate .... as much as I do uthug and the barn. I hope they lose everything they ever play because Im sick of losing to these bums.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tide Rev

All-American
Mar 22, 2000
Ocean Springs, MS
First, I did not see the game because of church. Second, I did see the highlight of the grand slam and that is the only thing I have seen of the game. Regardless you have to give UF credit for making the game winning play. But, you cannot help but be proud of our girls after the way they fought yesterday and today. Without the total collapse against Michigan, we could still be playing but that is the way things are sometimes. If I remember from last year, didn't this same girl beat us like this last year? This also reminds me of the days when we used to do this to folks consistently in football and somewhat in basketball. UF is on a roll right now. These are college aged kids playing a game and they did their best.

I would rather see this than what I saw of the baseball team this weekend. If they had half the fight in them the girls do, they would have been playing Clemson today.

Great job Coach Murphy and ladies! RTR

WILDCARD

Scout Team
Jan 10, 2008
Great season!!!! Tuff way to go out but our girls have great character! I really enjoyed watching them compete and compete they did. Better luck next season.... and UF its a long fall to the bottom you will soon find that out during football season next year!:BigA: RTR!!!!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
This is a tough one to swallow, but they hung in there with the best and just by a matter of inches on both of Florida homers. Coach Murphy did one heck of a job this year, they will win a national championship in the next few years. Losing 5 seniors doesn't help, but I'm sure he has some good freshman class coming in.
Posted via Mobile Device

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
And might I add, Florida's athletic teams find new and amazing ways to win. Did their AD sell their soul to the devil a few years ago?
I wondered the very same thing last night. Reminded me of how we seemingly had last year's SEC football championship game in hand going into the 4th quarter, only to watch in disbelief as UF pulled it out.

Very frustrating as a rival fan when one team seems to ALWAYS come out on top, especially when it looks like they're down for the count.

However, congratulations to our softball team for an oustanding season. There are plenty of teams that would love to be able to get to the semi-finals.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
When she hit that ball, I said pop fly to shallow left. How did it carry that far? If you look at the swing camera, she didn't really drive the ball out of the yard at all. It really looked like a pop-up to me.

Another question, why do they have temporary fences at 190' on a 300' field? I would think for a tournament of that magnitude, the fence would be at 210'-220'. Seems pretty stupid to me. The fields we've always played on are in the 225' range.

BamafanLSUland

Scout Team
Nov 18, 2004
Baton Rouge, LA
No, team, state, conference, spouses conference. Congrats to the Lady Tide. I almost cried on that last grand slam.
I did cry on that grand slam. It just broke my heart for those young ladies, espcially the seniors. We met Brittany, Monty, Kelly E., Kelsi, and Charlotte after the A day game when we went to the 2nd game of double hearder with Arkansas. We were pleasantly surprised by the graciousness of the team and the amount of time that they spend signing autographs and taking pictures with fans after games.

I welled up Saturday night too on Jazlyn's grand slam. I was not surprised by Brittany's reaction -- she is the ultimate team player.

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia
I did cry on that grand slam. It just broke my heart for those young ladies, espcially the seniors. We met Brittany, Monty, Kelly E., Kelsi, and Charlotte after the A day game when we went to the 2nd game of double hearder with Arkansas. We were pleasantly surprised by the graciousness of the team and the amount of time that they spend signing autographs and taking pictures with fans after games.

I welled up Saturday night too on Jazlyn's grand slam. I was not surprised by Brittany's reaction -- she is the ultimate team player.
You are so right, they are all great young ladies and every single one of them are team players. That is the kind of player that coach Murphy recruits. Then the seniors and juniors teach the freshmen and sophomores and on it goes, year after year.

As for the seniors I felt bad for them too. But, if you think about it, there is no Olympics and no pro game to speak of so all softball players are destined to experience their last game; what better place than in Oklahoma City playing in the semi finals of the Woman's College World Series.

Bama softball is a first class organization run by first class coaches and no matter what the outcome they made me proud. :)

:BigA: Roll Tide!

Last edited:

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
When she hit that ball, I said pop fly to shallow left. How did it carry that far? If you look at the swing camera, she didn't really drive the ball out of the yard at all. It really looked like a pop-up to me.

Another question, why do they have temporary fences at 190' on a 300' field? I would think for a tournament of that magnitude, the fence would be at 210'-220'. Seems pretty stupid to me. The fields we've always played on are in the 225' range.
Most fields are 200'

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.