Entre: Fried Chicken Livers

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
wash livers in cold water. remove any bone or arteries and divide into two pieces.
heat oil in cast iron skillet to 370F
dry liver pieces
place all dry ingredients in zip lock bag and shake livers till they are coated.
shake off excess flour and fry on one side till nicely brown. turn over and cook other side.
do not overcook or they will be tough. Drain on paper.
mix ketchup with Tabasco sauce for dipping

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Man, I love me some livers although I haven't had any in a spell.

Love gizzards too :)

Might just have to fry up a batch.

Thanks!
I have a batch for tonight so thought the recipe would be a good post. Sometimes I put them in buttermilk first but we got no buttermilk today :(. I don't like gizzards like I do Livers.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I had a liver and onion po-boy once. It didn't sound all that appetizing but the guys I was with all ordered one and told me to try it. That was an amazing sandwich. It was calf liver sliced thin and cooked tender in an onion gravy. It was like a hot roast beef po-boy made with liver and it was delicious. They also had cooked peppers on it. I wish I had one now.

I have often thought about making a fried chicken liver po-boy like a shrimp or oyster po-boy dressed with some hot ketchup, shredded lettuce and maybe some black olives. That would have to be good. You could do that with gizzards too.

BigCountry

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2006
New Hope, Alabama
Livers are really ggod if they're not too thick! They are waaaay to iron tasting if they are left thick. Gizzards are awesome too, some people can't stand the texture though, kinda like a chicken nugget that was dropped in sand!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.