Entre: My Ultimate Crab Roll

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Check the crab for any shell, take care not to break up the lumps and place in large bowl.
Add the olive oil mayo (regular mayo is ok but this is better I think)
Zest the lemon then juice it adding 1 tbsp each to the bowl.
Add the green onion, celery and bell pepper. Season with cayenne pepper then carefully fold the ingredients together trying not to break up the crab meat.
Split the hogie buns lengthwise (use a hot dog bun if you must) then spread butter on the inside faces.
try to lay the buns flat on a grilling surface or a hot cast iron pan but keep the two halves connected if you can.
When the buns are toasted on the inside fill with the crab mixture then top with a chiffanaude of lettuce and serve with a dill pickle spear.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I've had something very similar to that (quantities may have been doubled) placed in a pie shell and baked. Delicious!!!

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
So we tried this for the Va. Tech game. It was fresh and flavorful and all; but,
because we aren't near the coast and didn't go for the fresh crab we opted for the somewhat expensive lump crab packaged in salt-water.

Next time we forego the lump crab packaged in salt-water. It wasn't terribly overpowering, but it always finished with the sea-salt taste.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.