First go round playing NCAA 10

Picked up NCAA 10 at midnight at the local Wally World and got home to play a game (Xbox 360)....here's the good and the bad in my eyes

I played Tennessee and won 30-24 btw

Good:

• Graphics and gameplay seem much better than last year to me. The game is a little faster and seems to be a little more fluid.
  • Seems like the running game is a little easier this year, although it may have a LOT to do with EA putting our OL's attributes a lot higher.
  • I like something they did with play action passes. When you highlight some of them, it tells you how well they are "setup". So if you run a HB Power 8 times or so in a game, come the 4th quarter, you can tell if it is "89% setup", that the defense should bite.
  • McElroy has a CANNON. Julio catches pretty much whatever is thrown his way.
Bad:

• Ok, here's where I got a little PO'd. First off, I had people get injured on the 1st 3 plays of the game, and the computer had 4 injuries before halftime. That's a little excessive to me.
  • What really got me going was the amount of penalties. I think it has a lot to do with "AI assist". I was up 23-3 after halftime. UT gets the ball at kickoff and I was called for a personal foul facemask on 8 straight plays. I mean come on, thats ridiculous. I always hate when sports games call penalties on things like holding and facemasks...things that you cannot control. I can take it in spurts, but it was absolutely ridiculous. They scored to make it 23-10.
  • I take it down and score making it 30-10 with the beginning of a 5 minute 4th quarter ensuing. Should be relatively easy from here out right?
  • Nope, UT runs the next kickoff back for a TD, after breaking 18 tackles...i watched the replay 5 times to count them. 30-17
  • They kick it deep which I think is weird for an AI controlled video game with 2 minutes left, but whatever. I fumble the catch on the kickoff and it bounces around until they can come to recover it. Seriously, I tried to dive on it 5 times.
  • They punch it in (after 3 more penalties). 30-24
  • They kick an onsides kick and get it. At this point I am irate but I pick off the first pass to ice it.
  • By no means am I a "great" NCAA gamer, very recreational at the most. But I can never remember being in an exhibition game up by 20 with 5 minutes left and seeing the AI help take over that way.
I hope that some of this was just coincedence. Maybe bc I played in a rivalry game, I'm not sure.

I also didnt realize that the TeamBuilder was only for Online Play. I'm looking at maybe trying to create South Alabama, so I guess I'm gonna need to go get Xbox live sometime this week.

Anyhow, I know a lot of you will be getting the game, I just wanted to post my early thoughts on it. I'll be anxious to read some of yours too.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I played around a bit with it. According to the folks at operationsports, the game is an injury and fumble fest. Hopefully a patch will tune that down a notch. I'm waiting for some named rosters to be released before I start my dynasty.

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
Picked up NCAA 10 at midnight at the local Wally World and got home to play a game (Xbox 360)....here's the good and the bad in my eyes

I played Tennessee and won 30-24 btw

Good:

• Graphics and gameplay seem much better than last year to me. The game is a little faster and seems to be a little more fluid.
  • Seems like the running game is a little easier this year, although it may have a LOT to do with EA putting our OL's attributes a lot higher.
  • I like something they did with play action passes. When you highlight some of them, it tells you how well they are "setup". So if you run a HB Power 8 times or so in a game, come the 4th quarter, you can tell if it is "89% setup", that the defense should bite.
  • McElroy has a CANNON. Julio catches pretty much whatever is thrown his way.
Bad:

• Ok, here's where I got a little PO'd. First off, I had people get injured on the 1st 3 plays of the game, and the computer had 4 injuries before halftime. That's a little excessive to me.
  • What really got me going was the amount of penalties. I think it has a lot to do with "AI assist". I was up 23-3 after halftime. UT gets the ball at kickoff and I was called for a personal foul facemask on 8 straight plays. I mean come on, thats ridiculous. I always hate when sports games call penalties on things like holding and facemasks...things that you cannot control. I can take it in spurts, but it was absolutely ridiculous. They scored to make it 23-10.
  • I take it down and score making it 30-10 with the beginning of a 5 minute 4th quarter ensuing. Should be relatively easy from here out right?
  • Nope, UT runs the next kickoff back for a TD, after breaking 18 tackles...i watched the replay 5 times to count them. 30-17
  • They kick it deep which I think is weird for an AI controlled video game with 2 minutes left, but whatever. I fumble the catch on the kickoff and it bounces around until they can come to recover it. Seriously, I tried to dive on it 5 times.
  • They punch it in (after 3 more penalties). 30-24
  • They kick an onsides kick and get it. At this point I am irate but I pick off the first pass to ice it.
  • By no means am I a "great" NCAA gamer, very recreational at the most. But I can never remember being in an exhibition game up by 20 with 5 minutes left and seeing the AI help take over that way.
I hope that some of this was just coincedence. Maybe bc I played in a rivalry game, I'm not sure.

I also didnt realize that the TeamBuilder was only for Online Play. I'm looking at maybe trying to create South Alabama, so I guess I'm gonna need to go get Xbox live sometime this week.

Anyhow, I know a lot of you will be getting the game, I just wanted to post my early thoughts on it. I'll be anxious to read some of yours too.

I haven't gotten mine yet. Its in the mail right now and should be delivered today. But I would think that the AI's 2nd half come back could have a lot to do with momentum after the way they scored. I know in 08 I had a lot of close games like that and that's the only reason I could think of.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm picking mine up after work. I am excited. I played the demo and noticed that if the other team makes a big play and hurries to the ball, my player gets called for encroachment as he tries to cross the line of scrimmage if the other team beats it to him. I think that is pretty ridiculous. And yes, the injuries are extremely annoying. If anyone gets some named rosters let me know, and I'll do the same.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Wait...so Team Builder is only for playing games online? I cannot download the teams onto my box and play exhibition games with them? If that is the case I will be very, very upset.

Wait...so Team Builder is only for playing games online? I cannot download the teams onto my box and play exhibition games with them? If that is the case I will be very, very upset.

I dont think that is the case...I was simply used to the Team builder a few years ago where you could create everything without even being hooked up online. I think you just have to use the online feature to create the team, and then you can use them for any purpose of the game after you download it. I just bought all of my Xbox live stuff today and have barely even hooked it up yet...I'll get a chance later after work to snoop around a little on it hopefully.

BigAl5833

All-American
Oct 15, 2005
Muscle Shoals, AL
I am on the verge of benching GMac. He is short arming a lot of balls. Ingram is a HOSS ! 2 games and over 200 yards each.
Ingram is practically unstoppable. So far the game is fun to play, just wish it was tougher on All American, nothing the lisders cant fix though when the patch is released.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
You can use created teams in PLAY NOW, DYNASTY, and ONLINE DYNASTY. So you can use the created teams offline. HOWEVER......if you uploaded a logo, you must be online each time you load your team/dynasty or else your custom logo will not appear. Once you have it loaded, you can go offline.

I'm stuck at work right now wishing I could play...I got a game in this morning online and it was probably one of the best games I've ever played in...me and someone went 11 OTS alabama vs LSU....McCoy caught a ball on the one for me but fumbled and I lost...but it was awesome.

On another note, I'm really new to xbox live...can anyone tell me how to go about downloading rosters for the game?
Posted via Mobile Device

specialkpntbl

All-SEC
Jan 6, 2007
Dothan, AL
As far as the roster thing goes, ea sports says they have one on the name EASCNCAA10, but it must be a correct number/attribute roster because no names are showing up for me.

And my first game I lost 21-17 :(. I would have won but for some reason GMac dove from under center on my 4th down QB draw for a TD with 1:00 left... I had 2 fumbles, both of which were complete BS. Oh, and I was playing the Terps. I just randomly chose them, which is something I really wish you could do in game. I hate scrolling through finding a team for a random game.

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
I'm stuck at work right now wishing I could play...I got a game in this morning online and it was probably one of the best games I've ever played in...me and someone went 11 OTS alabama vs LSU....McCoy caught a ball on the one for me but fumbled and I lost...but it was awesome.

On another note, I'm really new to xbox live...can anyone tell me how to go about downloading rosters for the game?
Posted via Mobile Device
Go to the EA Sports Locker. There you will have the option of Downloading rosters from someone on your friends list.

In order to get the updated rosters from EA, You must go to the Locker and then Download Rosters. then you will see a list of your friends list. At the top you can type in a Gamertag to download from. Enter EASCNCAA10 as the gamertag and you will download the EA updated rosters. They aren't named. However, in the next week or so I should get my hands on a roster with all the names and I'll let you know about it then.

Bama4Ever831

All-American
Sep 13, 2005
Tuscaloosa, AL
Ingram is practically unstoppable. So far the game is fun to play, just wish it was tougher on All American, nothing the lisders cant fix though when the patch is released.
Play on Heisman. I find it fairly hard.

Won my first game on Heisman over VT 24-20. McElroy threw 3 picks. One thing I hate about the game is that I will start to throw a pass but I start to get sacked and then it just throws it into the chest of DE or LB instead.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Posted via Mobile Device
You go into the EA Locker and enter the gamertag of the person you want to download your roster from. I downloaded the supposed "fixed" roster from EA (listed under EASCNCAA10) but couldn't tell any difference from the default one (at least with Alabama's roster). I'm going to wait until there are fully named rosters available (which probably won't be for another few days at the earliest). Till then I'll play a few exhibition games and start a RTG game before firing up my dynasty.

I haven't gotten enough time in with the game yet but I'm liking what I'm seeing thus far.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
I am loving the player lock...still trying to learn it...but it's fun. There's nothing like playing safety and seeing the game from that perspective.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Julio is almost unstoppable,i love it.:cool:

I have the full name rosters,go into your EA locker and download the roster from gamertag:iim so fly

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL
Does the updated EA rosters have the incoming freshman like Fluker, TR, Nico, Tana, Dre etc? I didn't realize any of these guys had numbers yet (other than hearing TR would be #3) but I may have just missed that on the forum at some point.

crimson mo

1st Team
Nov 26, 2001
columbus,MS
Dang it.... Lost to UT in overtime 21 to 20 because I went for 2.
But Arenas ran the 2nd half opening kick off back for a TD.
I played Varsity level and it was ok but man their pass blocking was tough to get through.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
Does the updated EA rosters have the incoming freshman like Fluker, TR, Nico, Tana, Dre etc? I didn't realize any of these guys had numbers yet (other than hearing TR would be #3) but I may have just missed that on the forum at some point.
D.J., Trent, Nico, and Dre are in there along with a couple of others but the vast majority of our class is not included. The rosters definitely need some work.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.