ADMIN NOTE: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Re: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by buzzincuzzin View Post
    The gist of the thread was not about the smack it was the "wwwwwwaaaaaa he hit me!!!!! DO SOMETHING TO HIM!!!!!" adults annoying the mods. Don't think for minute you can't be reached in cyber-world. They know things.

Without commenting on what we do or do not know ( ), you are correct. The same 'play nice' rules still apply here. HOWEVER, the topics discussed tend to be polarizing and therefore more confrontational discussions are allowed. One should not take this as meaning you can call someone else "stupid," etc. On the contrary. It means that you shouldn't get your feelings hurt if someone strongly disagrees with you.

Also, don't get your blood pressure up when someone posts a link / discussion from a radical blog or news source.

We are tired of getting PMs / emails that complain about the 'tone' of someone's argument. Likewise, we're tired of anyone who uses bullying tactics to get a point across.

In summary, we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable...but don't come crying to us every 5 minutes if you don't like how somebody said something. THAT's the message.
    Last edited by BamaNation; August 3rd, 2009 at 01:38 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Clubfitter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYBamaFan View Post
    I like this board, but everyone is entrenched in their beliefs. Such is life. That said, I would be disappointed if this forum were shut down, or the rules made such that real debate was no longer possible. There has to be some back and forth in debate - but it doesn't have to get personal.

I too would not like to see Non-Sports changed. If you're ego gets dinged here you don't need to go to some of the other boards I go to. Pretty tame here. A little needling (either way) goes a long way toward knowing how you really feel about a subject.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar

i dont mind the name calling or general stupidity. the only thing i would like to see is some kind of obvious troll vote. if you post something that is completely stupid, dishonest and contrary to facts then all the other board members should get to vote on that post. once you have 10 posts that all get overwhelming troll status then you get banned for a week.

oh yeah, and i want immunity from the vote

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    i dont mind the name calling or general stupidity. the only thing i would like to see is some kind of obvious troll vote. if you post something that is completely stupid, dishonest and contrary to facts then all the other board members should get to vote on that post. once you have 10 posts that all get overwhelming troll status then you get banned for a week.

oh yeah, and i want immunity from the vote
    I only consider people trolls when they post something that contradicts their real beliefs just to stir the pot. Sometimes popular opinion is wrong.

BamaNation Second Team bamafan62's Avatar

oke doke

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYBamaFan View Post
    I only consider people trolls when they post something that contradicts their real beliefs just to stir the pot. Sometimes popular opinion is wrong.
    i don't even mind that. sometimes playing the devil's advocate leads to good discussion about important topics. my problem is with intentionally mischaracterizing someone's position over and over again so the rest of us have to muddle through some stupid argument that doesnt add to the knowledge or insight of anyone. the obvious straw man arguments get on my nerves and waste everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluck and Grit View Post
    It's capisce, not capiche.

Just trying to help out.
    Sbagliato! Capite

Ancora una volta!
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

I had my feelings hurt a few times but I take it like a man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar

So are we still forbidden to call OBama derogatory pet names like the Lefties used to do with Bush?
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    So are we still forbidden to call OBama derogatory pet names like the Lefties used to do with Bush?
    Still forbidden? That implies that it was forbidden to begin with.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

I think both sides left and right have been treated equally fair.

As for the name calling I look at it the same way as having to use profanity when you speak. Do you really have to go down there to make your point?
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bama Reb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    I think both sides left and right have been treated equally fair.

As for the name calling I look at it the same way as having to use profanity when you speak. Do you really have to go down there to make your point?
    Look for this question to be asked again after the 2012 elections.

BamaNation All-American Boclive's Avatar

I can't imagine there is anyone that doesn't know this but I'll say it anyway: never argue with a moderator, even if they're wrong. Especially if they're wrong. This goes for on-duty police and the general citizenry when they're armed.