ADMIN NOTE: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk - Page 4
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Re: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    i dont mind the name calling or general stupidity. the only thing i would like to see is some kind of obvious troll vote. if you post something that is completely stupid, dishonest and contrary to facts then all the other board members should get to vote on that post. once you have 10 posts that all get overwhelming troll status then you get banned for a week.

oh yeah, and i want immunity from the vote
    You are allowed to be "stupid", that what makes this country great! You are allowed to play "devil's advocate", otherwise it would be a boring board! There are lot's of "facts" that may be contrary to what "you" believe are the "facts". Just use google and you will find all of the "facts" that fit "your" argument and then some!
    [SIZE=3][B]Football changes and so do people. [/B] - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant[/SIZE]

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Playing devil's advocate involves admitting to as much. Just defending a stance vehemently for the purpose of stirring the pot is not playing devil's advocate.

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ldlane View Post
    You are allowed to be "stupid", that what makes this country great! You are allowed to play "devil's advocate", otherwise it would be a boring board! There are lot's of "facts" that may be contrary to what "you" believe are the "facts". Just use google and you will find all of the "facts" that fit "your" argument and then some!

yes, but being all three all the time adds nothing to the board.

yes, but being all three all the time adds nothing to the board.
    It's an internet message board, we aren't solving the world's problems. It is for entertainment purposes!
    [SIZE=3][B]Football changes and so do people. [/B] - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant[/SIZE]

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYBamaFan View Post
    Playing devil's advocate involves admitting to as much. Just defending a stance vehemently for the purpose of stirring the pot is not playing devil's advocate.
    Well if you don't stir both sides of the pot the taste is not equally distributed.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief bayoutider's Avatar

Smile Re: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk

Quote Originally Posted by Boclive View Post
    I can't imagine there is anyone that doesn't know this but I'll say it anyway: never argue with a moderator, even if they're wrong. Especially if they're wrong. This goes for on-duty police and the general citizenry when they're armed.
    Moderators are never wrong, sometimes they are mistaken and sometimes they have to change their ruling but they are never wrong. ; What kind of service do you expect at these prices?

P.S. I have done some things I later regretted.
    bayoutider1@tidefans.com

"You don't have to flaunt your success, but you don't have to apologize for it, either" -- Gene Stallings

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts." -Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Suspended

It's an internet message board, we aren't solving the world's problems. It is for entertainment purposes!
    Dang, and I really thought that I was making a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBamaFan View Post
    Dang, and I really thought that I was making a difference.
    You also have the option of not clicking on a post or answering a post you think is "stupid".

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar

now that i agree with. that is why i entertained people with pics of my roommate's hot sister and didn't try to get any of the board's input on why she is a trainwreck of a hot mess.

however, it isn't very entertaining when you read the same disingenuous bs every day (which is why i try to stay out of GW threads..... unless it is to stir the pot )

btw, i have noticed some of the usual suspects on the board have calmed down lately or have gone awol. is there some pilgrimage going on somewhere or are people so worried about their tanking 401k that they can't come up with the usual snarky comments?

btw, i have noticed some of the usual suspects on the board have calmed down lately or have gone awol. is there some pilgrimage going on somewhere or are people so worried about their tanking 401k that they can't come up with the usual snarky comments?
    True dat. I haven't seen Chicken Little looking up at the sky in a few weeks now.

BamaNation All-American Boclive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bayoutider View Post
    Moderators are never wrong, sometimes they are mistaken and sometimes they have to change their ruling but they are never wrong. ; What kind of service do you expect at these prices?

P.S. I have done some things I later regretted.
    Beautifully worded. Taken in it's entirety, you've opened the paragraph with something to hang your hat on: "moderators are never wrong". Repeated it once. I get it. Free is a good price but TideFans is a 1st rate, top of the line, premier if not premium, prize-winning site. Over time thanks to the vision of the founder and general wisdom of the moderators expectations have only risen.

Debate for the sake of debate is pointless. War is eternal. John Lennon's "Imagine" is a pretty, ridiculous song. The last sentence works with or without the comma.

I almost misspelled ridiculous. Again.

Just remember part of the "Message Board Bill of Rights":

I have the right "NOT" to click on or answer any post that I feel is stupid or dishonest!

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Happy now?

(Been a rough month.)
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.