ADMIN NOTE: MUST READ: Enter at your own risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Thanks. In light of this newfound spelling prowess, and as a change to my previous statement, bama579 is the new TideFans Spelling Czar. Pluck n Grit is demoted to being Pluck's assistant :biggrin2:
Thank you, your benevolence. Now that you have so honored me as Spelling Czar, where is Bamabake when we NEED him. :biggrin2:

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Just for the rrecord: I do not like George Bush, and I do not like OBAMA either. And whatever you say to me, I can take it. :tongue:
One more thing. I do like the BABE pics

Bama Sam

Suspended
Jul 28, 2009
Am I correct in my interpretation of this thread that it is OK to slightly put the smackdown on someone in here? Within the bounds of taste and decorum of course. Being a 98 lb weakling, this could be akin to a cheap thrill. Not likely for someone to reach through the screen and beat up on me.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
The gist of the thread was not about the smack it was the "wwwwwwaaaaaa he hit me!!!!! DO SOMETHING TO HIM!!!!!" adults annoying the mods. Don't think for minute you can't be reached in cyber-world. They know things.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The gist of the thread was not about the smack it was the "wwwwwwaaaaaa he hit me!!!!! DO SOMETHING TO HIM!!!!!" adults annoying the mods. Don't think for minute you can't be reached in cyber-world. They know things.

Without commenting on what we do or do not know ( :D ), you are correct. The same 'play nice' rules still apply here. HOWEVER, the topics discussed tend to be polarizing and therefore more confrontational discussions are allowed. One should not take this as meaning you can call someone else "stupid," etc. On the contrary. It means that you shouldn't get your feelings hurt if someone strongly disagrees with you.

Also, don't get your blood pressure up when someone posts a link / discussion from a radical blog or news source.

We are tired of getting PMs / emails that complain about the 'tone' of someone's argument. Likewise, we're tired of anyone who uses bullying tactics to get a point across.

In summary, we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable...but don't come crying to us every 5 minutes if you don't like how somebody said something. THAT's the message.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
I like this board, but everyone is entrenched in their beliefs. Such is life. That said, I would be disappointed if this forum were shut down, or the rules made such that real debate was no longer possible. There has to be some back and forth in debate - but it doesn't have to get personal.

. :cool:

I too would not like to see Non-Sports changed. If you're ego gets dinged here you don't need to go to some of the other boards I go to. Pretty tame here. A little needling (either way) goes a long way toward knowing how you really feel about a subject.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
i dont mind the name calling or general stupidity. the only thing i would like to see is some kind of obvious troll vote. if you post something that is completely stupid, dishonest and contrary to facts then all the other board members should get to vote on that post. once you have 10 posts that all get overwhelming troll status then you get banned for a week.

oh yeah, and i want immunity from the vote :biggrin:

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
i dont mind the name calling or general stupidity. the only thing i would like to see is some kind of obvious troll vote. if you post something that is completely stupid, dishonest and contrary to facts then all the other board members should get to vote on that post. once you have 10 posts that all get overwhelming troll status then you get banned for a week.

I only consider people trolls when they post something that contradicts their real beliefs just to stir the pot. Sometimes popular opinion is wrong.

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I only consider people trolls when they post something that contradicts their real beliefs just to stir the pot. Sometimes popular opinion is wrong.
i don't even mind that. sometimes playing the devil's advocate leads to good discussion about important topics. my problem is with intentionally mischaracterizing someone's position over and over again so the rest of us have to muddle through some stupid argument that doesnt add to the knowledge or insight of anyone. the obvious straw man arguments get on my nerves and waste everyone's time.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I think both sides left and right have been treated equally fair.

As for the name calling I look at it the same way as having to use profanity when you speak. Do you really have to go down there to make your point?

Boclive

All-American
Sep 6, 2002
I can't imagine there is anyone that doesn't know this but I'll say it anyway: never argue with a moderator, even if they're wrong. Especially if they're wrong. This goes for on-duty police and the general citizenry when they're armed.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002

You are allowed to be "stupid", that what makes this country great! You are allowed to play "devil's advocate", otherwise it would be a boring board! There are lot's of "facts" that may be contrary to what "you" believe are the "facts". Just use google and you will find all of the "facts" that fit "your" argument and then some!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.