Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Hey folks. It's come to my attention that there have been an extraordinary number of PM complaints against various member or mods regarding posts on the Non Sports board.

Frankly, (I'm being frank b/c that's how I am)...this is puzzling to me. The Non Sports board is an 'enter at your own risk board.' This means, that we allow a BROAD latitude for what is posted here - both in content and in inflection (meaning, you shouldn't get your feelings hurt if someone calls you out on a "stupid" comment). This is quite different from all of the other boards on TideFans.

Politically, each side is entrenched. You know when you post something here your own position and most likely the position of 99.9% of the other frequent posters here. THEREFORE, don't be shocked when the replies are as should have been expected.

I'm almost tempted to do what my mom used to do to me an my brother when one of us tattle-tailed on the other... we were both punished.

Give the MODS & ADMINS a break and quit running to them every time someone posts something you don't like or states it in a manner that is less than friendly.

I realize it is not everybody that is causing problems, but there are enough that it has been brought to my attention (I don't know or need to know specific member names right now, but I am well aware of the VOLUME of the problem).

For those posting comments on the board, you MUST realize the terms of this board. While it's not the wild-wild west, it is much more likely to resemble that than any of the other boards. Don't run to mods if you don't like somebody's position. I also note that the Mods shouldn't be expected to reply to each and every complaint.

If you are one who does not like the sharp tongues on here, we have another board that might be more to your liking: The Strip. It's moderated, covers many of the same non-political topics in a non-confrontational manner, etc. Visit there. You might find you like that better.

OTHERWISE, if we can't get this straightened out PRONTO, I'm gonna implement some overtly draconian measures.

We're all adults here so act like it.

Capiche?

Last edited:

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
I like this board, but everyone is entrenched in their beliefs. Such is life. That said, I would be disappointed if this forum were shut down, or the rules made such that real debate was no longer possible. There has to be some back and forth in debate - but it doesn't have to get personal.

I hope that I have not offended anyone recently (had a bad stretch about 18 months ago in which I offended everyone - including myself). If (when) I do, please PM me. We can work it out without pulling in the mods.

Peace... :cool:

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Thanks for the message.

As long as everyone receives the same posting latitude, those who don't like it can take a hike (over to The Strip, possibly, as you recommended :) )

TiderB

All-American
Dec 18, 2002
Birmingham, AL
People should just take a chill pill. If somebody disagrees with you and are a little harsh in expressing that, so be it. Hey, we're all Tide Fans here! Let's not forget that.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama

Lol, thats pretty funny, huey.

I've no issues with anyone on here...I respect everyone's opinion even when it differs from mine. I generally don't post on threads if I think the topic is going to lead into a heated flame fest anyway. The political threads are the one's that seem to push everyone's buttons, but its time to step away from the keyboard if/when you get upset over something posted on here. Its a rule I try to stick to anyways.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
While I'm generally very conservative (no need to over analyze the term), I actually appreciate reading and considering the comments of those who hold different views. It helps at times to understand where other people are coming from, especially in understanding more deeply your own views. Also, it's important to note that a little common courtesy will improve your chances of being heard. All that being said, feel free to speak freely in response to any of my posts. I'm not particularly sensitive to tone and language, and I'm not one to complain about them as a result.

Regards
Posted via Mobile Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.