Question Which gamestation would you recommend

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
IMO...the PS3 is the best console out right now.

It has a built-in Blu-Ray player and it can connect to your home network via the built-in wireless. I think it is very stable as well.

If you want something that will be better for kids and parties...then the Wii is what you want. The graphics aren't great...but the interactive nature of it makes it a hit.

The Xbox 360 has great graphics and great games...but it just doesn't hold its own against the PS3. It can however play movies from your Netflix instant queue...which is nice.

I own all 3 of them...so I'm not a fanboy of any one...just love what each one has to offer.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
IMO...the PS3 is the best console out right now.

It has a built-in Blu-Ray player and it can connect to your home network via the built-in wireless. I think it is very stable as well.

If you want something that will be better for kids and parties...then the Wii is what you want. The graphics aren't great...but the interactive nature of it makes it a hit.

The Xbox 360 has great graphics and great games...but it just doesn't hold its own against the PS3. It can however play movies from your Netflix instant queue...which is nice.

I own all 3 of them...so I'm not a fanboy of any one...just love what each one has to offer.
Agree. I have XBox 360 and PS3. Also, online play at the Playstation Network is "Free" as opposed to Xbox Live that runs about $50 a year.

Last edited:

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
It really depends on your individual preferences in all honesty. If you're a serious gamer the choice is between the 360 and the PS3, IMO the 360 has the edge from this standpoint because it has a better selection of games, better looking games, and Xbox Live. If you're looking for a system for more than just gaming the PS3 probably has the edge because it has Blu-Ray. As for the Wii, it's more of a kids gaming console but it does have its fair share of fun games for adults as well. They all have their share of pluses and minuses but if you go with the one that best fits your preferences you'll likely be happy in the end.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
It really depends on your individual preferences in all honesty. If you're a serious gamer the choice is between the 360 and the PS3, IMO the 360 has the edge from this standpoint because it has a better selection of games, better looking games, and Xbox Live. If you're looking for a system for more than just gaming the PS3 probably has the edge because it has Blu-Ray. As for the Wii, it's more of a kids gaming console but it does have its fair share of fun games for adults as well. They all have their share of pluses and minuses but if you go with the one that best fits your preferences you'll likely be happy in the end.
But then you have to pay for a subscription to XBox Live, while the Playstation Network is Free. Pretty much the same games are made for the PS3.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
The 360 is the best if you are a serious gamer. Xbox live is great and well worth the $50 a year, especially if you have Netflix. I'm not sure about the PS network, but XBL also has a great selection of tv shows that you can buy for about $2 each or $3 if you want HD.
While the Blu-Ray player included with the PS3 is nice, it not as big a deal as BR players are going down in price. You can Google search the debate. All systems have their strengths and drawbacks.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
But then you have to pay for a subscription to XBox Live, while the Playstation Network is Free. Pretty much the same games are made for the PS3.
True, but it's more than worth it IMHO. It's a better offering than Sony's IMHO.

kmccoy1

Scout Team
Jul 17, 2003
Alpharetta, GA
I have both (360 and PS3), and I'm to the point now where I only buy a 360 game if it's exclusive to the 360. The PS3 runs smoother, more quietly, and it so far I haven't had a single issue. The 360 is quite frankly not well made. Hardware failures are ubiquitous, both the red rings and "Can't read disc" errors (which indicates that the DVD player is on thin ice).

Don't get me wrong, there are some rocking 360 exclusives (Gears of War, Halo, lots more), but there are also some fantastic PS3 exclusives (Resistance, Valkyria Chronicles, God Of War, Demon's Souls, anything by Team Ico).

Something else to consider, the inclusion of a BR player allows PS3 games to be stored on one disc. 360 games often come on multiple discs, which depending on how well it's implemented, can really be disruptive. I can only imagine how many discs Final Fantasy 13 for the 360 will require.

I love both, but I prefer the PS3.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I have both (360 and PS3), and I'm to the point now where I only buy a 360 game if it's exclusive to the 360. The PS3 runs smoother, more quietly, and it so far I haven't had a single issue. The 360 is quite frankly not well made. Hardware failures are ubiquitous, both the red rings and "Can't read disc" errors (which indicates that the DVD player is on thin ice).

Don't get me wrong, there are some rocking 360 exclusives (Gears of War, Halo, lots more), but there are also some fantastic PS3 exclusives (Resistance, Valkyria Chronicles, God Of War, Demon's Souls, anything by Team Ico).

Something else to consider, the inclusion of a BR player allows PS3 games to be stored on one disc. 360 games often come on multiple discs, which depending on how well it's implemented, can really be disruptive. I can only imagine how many discs Final Fantasy 13 for the 360 will require.

I love both, but I prefer the PS3.
One of the things that I don't like about the PS3 is that you can't login multiple users like you can on Xbox, but they are supposed to be fixing that problem. You can also expand your memory with the PS3 with a laptop HD (Just make sure you backup your PS3) and install an operating system like Linux on the HD.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
To each his own I guess. ;)
By no means do I want to start a console war, but PS3 online has improved a lot over the past year and it is just as good as xbox right now. One of the big problems that I don't have to worry about with the PS3 is the console "frying" when the power goes out (Out here it does a lot!). I just think they are very comparable and it just depends on what features you would like.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.