*** TE Harrison Jones Commits to Alabama ***

BamaBowtie

1st Team
Oct 22, 2007
Harrison Jones made his commitment public tonight for the Tide. This one has been in the bag for a while and I am very glad to have him. He will
be used like we use Smelley.

RTR Mr. Jones and welcome aboard!

NATidefan

1st Team
Dec 22, 2008
Per me, I told him to join the club. ;), JK Welcome aboard Harrison, look forward to you snagging some from McCarron and Sims.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
So this guy is a project? Just guessing anyways, He doesnt seem very big, or fast... Whats are the positives? Will this guy play next year like Cade Foster? Or will I not hear this guys name till 2012??

NATidefan

1st Team
Dec 22, 2008
So this guy is a project? Just guessing anyways, He doesnt seem very big, or fast... Whats are the positives? Will this guy play next year like Cade Foster? Or will I not hear this guys name till 2012??

Good Kid, great Hands, may not play for a year or two, but will be a solid backup and has the ability and drive to possibly develop into a great starter.

All my opinion of course.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Scout.com: Family Tradition
"I really like the tight ends' coach (Coach Williams) and the guys that play the position now. Many of the tight ends, such as Preston Dial, Colin Peak, and Brad Smelley, have talked to me about the program and encouraged me to join them there."

"Coach (Curt) Cignetti has also helped me make my decision by recruiting me and spending time with me on my visits."

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
For me, I'm glad to have him just as a character guy. A guy you want in the locker room in big games and on the field when the game is on the line.

More importantly, I'm sure if he's anything like his brother that he will work his tail off to get on the field to help the team one way or another. CNS told him to gain some weight, and he will heed that advice.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
For the late nighters RTR!!!

Story up soon on BOL...

That's me, man! Well, Hawaii time seems like that, anyway.

This is great news. Welcome to Alabama, Harrison. You seem like an intelligent young man and we are happy to have you!

Work hard and you will see the field - I am very excited about your role @ the H-back/TE spot. Roll Tide.

:D

Bama Bard

Scout Team
Jan 17, 2009
I don't think he is a project by any means. Harrison is a tough and solid football player like his brother. Notice how quietly his brother has moved from off the charts to #1 RG in one year. The Jones' brothers will be players that make a difference for Bama and in more ways than just on the football field.

Positives:

1. He is a character kid that will lead on and off the field.
2. He is intelligent and well schooled, the transition to the college class will be an easy on for him.
3. He has played tightend for several years, so instead of learning a position he will be refining his technique.
4. He, like his brother, is coachable. Tell him to gain weight, he will gain weight. etc. etc.
5. Like most Saban recruits, he is a team first guy and will buy in to the program. (as opposed to Ambles, Cobbs, etc, that Saban kinda let go)
6 He is a good basketball player and he has great hands. Basketball players make great tight ends.
7. The most important, his commitment makes Lance Thompson look like an even bigger tool with his fence around Memphis comments :rolleyes:.

Last edited:

bigmammal

1st Team
Jan 22, 2009
Good Kid, great Hands, may not play for a year or two, but will be a solid backup and has the ability and drive to possibly develop into a great starter.

All my opinion of course.
I share your opinion.

His statement was one of the most impressive I've heard. Speaks to his character I think.

He says CNS wants him to gain 20-25 lbs to 250. At 6' 4', you'd think that in a year or two he could gain that, and still run well carrying it.

The Jones boys are going to do us proud. Harrison, thanks. I hope your experience at Bama proves fruitful and completely enjoyable. :):):)

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Sure, more talented prospects are on the board, but the pickup makes a lot of sense. I don't think Wilson Love will be a TE/H-back, so we needed to add another one to Vogler in this class.

I think he'll come in ahead of where Smelley was, and we saw how he forced his way into playing time the last half of last season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.