N. Gwinnett holds off Alabama state champion Prattville

crimson_blood

All-American
Jul 22, 2006
Helena, AL
N. Gwinnett holds off Alabama state champion Prattville

The Bulldogs’ defense stymied the Lions all night, sacking Prattville quarterback Sam Gibson six times. The Lions managed three yards in the first half.

A scoreless deadlock was broken with just five seconds left in the first half when Ozomah hit Gower from a yard out to cap a 14-play, 72-yard drive.
Featured 3 Tide commits - Nick Perry, Austin Shepherd, and Jawaun James.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I watched bits and pieces last night. The NGHS QB ended up as the MVP.

I believe I read that we were recruiting him as well though that was his first start.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
I was mildly suprised that Gwinnet's offense had as tough a time as they did. I assumed with two Tide commits on the OL they would be able to dominate the LOS against Prattville. I was glad Prattville was able to hold thier own, and hope it is nothing to be concerned about. Perry did do a good job in coverage. All in all, a good defensive game between two good teams. I'm going to predict Prattville will lose at least one more game this year. Hope I'm wrong but the offense just doesn't seem as strong this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.