Hoover beats Camden County GA 30-27

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
The Hoover Bucs got some payback for last years romp by Camden County, winning on a last play 33 yd. field goal after coming back from a 27-14 3rd. quarter deficit!

Camden County was the defending 5A GA state champs and defeated the Bucs in Hoover last year by 28 points.

Hoover Head Coach and former Tide player Josh Niblett is doing a fantastic job on and off the field for the Bucs who are now 3-0 on the season.

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ
I watched the first half, but had to go to bed before the end of the 3rd Qtr. Hoover shot itself in the foot many times in the first half, but Camden County just looked like the better team. I am surprised that Hoover was able to come back...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I was pretty surprised myself. I listened to the radio broadcast for most of the 1st half on my way home from work but wasn't aware of the final until this morning.

The Hoover announcers said a total of 18 seniors off of last years CCHS team signed football scholarships with 2 of these being for division 1 schools.

GrandBayTider

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2004
Prattville, AL
Good to see Hoover beating a GA team and representing the state well. Prattville unfortunately couldn't get it going against Gwinnett Co. Sounds like Hoover is setting up for a run at getting the championship back.

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
I live in Camden County (daughter attends CCHS) and was at the game. Not to take anything away from Hoover, (those boys played their tails off and the game wasn't as close as the score) but this isn't the same Camden team we've had in the past. Lost a lot of seniors last year. Regardless, it was a good win for the Bucs in a hostile environment and I wish them the best of luck.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I live in Camden County (daughter attends CCHS) and was at the game. Not to take anything away from Hoover, (those boys played their tails off and the game wasn't as close as the score) but this isn't the same Camden team we've had in the past. Lost a lot of seniors last year. Regardless, it was a good win for the Bucs in a hostile environment and I wish them the best of luck.
Thanks for the kind words, but still a come from behind win, 300+ miles away from home against the defending GA State Champs is a big deal to these kids, and believe me I understand from year to year how much the average HS team's talent varies.

No different for Hoover as well, as this years team for now appears better than the last two but may actually be less talented overall.

It's not every year Hoover produces a Cory Reamer, Josh Chapman, Kerry Murphy, John Parker Wilson or Ryan Pugh (aub starting center the past 2 years). As a matter of fact there are no seniors on this years edition even close to that talent level.

That's why teams such as CCHS and HHS or Prattville HS deserve so much credit. It's extremely difficult to produce championship caliber teams year after year.

Also I'd like to mention that everyone I spoke with said the folks in Camden County were absolutely gracious hosts to the Hoover players and parents.
Good Luck the rest of the season.

BamaSlama

1st Team
Jan 11, 2003
Madison, AL
Just thought I'd use this post to congratulate the Bucs on their advancement to the semi-finals and let them know that the Camden team they beat earlier in the season just beat Lowndes (#1 in GA, #47 in nation) to extend their playoff run. That game at the beginning of the season looks more and more telling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.