Entre: Stuffed London Broil

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Soak bread in milk. Preheat oil in saucepan on medium high, saute the onion for 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for additional minute. Add sausage and sunflower kernels and cook for 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. squeeze milk from the bread, and add with the spinach to the cooking mixture, along with the dry herbs. Season to taste with hot pepper sauce and salt. Add red wine and heat through while mixing well to incorporate the bread. Remove from saucepan and cool on sheetpan or foil.
Cut a lengthwise pocket into the side of the London broil and distribute fresh herbs inside. Stuff with the above mixture and close with toothpicks. Rub the outside of London broil with garlic and olive oil. Grill over medium hot coals to desired doneness (equal time, each side, turn carefully). Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Slice across the grain (brisket style) and serve.

Last edited:

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This is a killer recipe. You can also use a big round steak, roll it up and tie with twine or make meatloaf, spread out in a rectangle, add stuffing and roll up. Pork loin roast works well too. As Emeril says you can stuff the bumper of a Chevy and it will taste good. :)

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
I have a Jalapeno stuffed Pork Loin recipe that I'll post when I get the chance. Got it from a colleague who lives in Brownsville, TX but works over here in South Louisiana.

Although I said there were 'no leftovers,' there was too much stuffing and that's in the freezer now. I may try rolling up a round steak and tying it off with twine.

One of the folks I served this too is used to me cooking steak with Montreal Steak seasoning. She (briefly) complained that this wasn't a "David Steak." But she cleaned her plate, so...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.