Question: Beef Brisket- Crockpot??

aprovo

3rd Team
Nov 18, 2002
Worthington, OH
Ok, I have a question.... I made a beef brisket in the Crockpot Saturday. I put an onion, a few red potatoes, and carrots on the bottom, put the 3 1/2 lb brisket on top then added a cup of Dale’s seasonings and some other spices over the top. I set it on low and let it go for about 10 hours.

It wasn't as tender as my friend who I got the suggestion from indicated it would be. I was hoping basically that the brisket would just fall apart. It was good just not as I was hoping for.

So my question is did I let it go too long or not long enough to get it to "fall apart", did i not use enough marinade?? or any other suggestions?

Thanks

I

It's On A Slab

Ok, I have a question.... I made a beef brisket in the Crockpot Saturday. I put an onion, a few red potatoes, and carrots on the bottom, put the 3 1/2 lb brisket on top then added a cup of Dale’s seasonings and some other spices over the top. I set it on low and let it go for about 10 hours.

It wasn't as tender as my friend who I got the suggestion from indicated it would be. I was hoping basically that the brisket would just fall apart. It was good just not as I was hoping for.

So my question is did I let it go too long or not long enough to get it to "fall apart", did i not use enough marinade?? or any other suggestions?

Thanks
Fat side up or down? Most brisket recipes call for the fat side to be up.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Fat side up or down? Most brisket recipes call for the fat side to be up.
An age old argument by bbq masters.

Proponents of fat-side up say it allows the rendered fat to "baste" the brisket flat during cooking.

Proponents of fat-side down say that the fat layer shields the brisket flat from the direct heat coming up from the bottom of the cooker, preventing it from drying out. They will cook fat-side down the entire time without turning the meat even once.

I have been doing fat side down for quite a while now but sometimes ask for some beef suet (beef fat your butcher may give or sell you, mine is usually free). You can have the best of both worlds by placing the suet or some thick sliced bacon on top while cooking.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.