Game Thread: South Carolina Menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Breakfast of Scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns and toast with hot tea.

1 dozen raw oysters while watching ESPN gameday.

Frogmore Stew - Shrimp, a few crabs, link sausage, potaotes, corn on cob, onions, crab boil and hot peppers.

Corn muffins with onion, jalapeno, cheese & cream corn

cole slaw

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
Got you a great and easy dip for the game. Take 2 cans of white chicken and put in crock pot. One bottle of Texas Petes wings sauce. one tablespoon of minced onion. Stir till mix. Heat on high 3hrs cut off let cool refig overnight then reheat next day eat on crackers it is great....

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
The Crystal factory in New Orleans was destroyed by Katrina and rebuilt in Reprise, La. In a snap decision we bought a grocery shelf full of Crystal before the storm because it is the main ingredient of our wing sauce. Now it is available again and I was down to two bottles lol. It's milder and sweeter than Tabasco I have to have both in my pantry.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
My menu will be for the game.

I'm cooking Great White Beans with Andouille sausage cooked in, Onion, Corn bread with pickled orka.And a bottle of Louisiana hot sauce....
That's good eats. :) May I suggest rice and a pot of greens to go with that? :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Yes you may, Would mustard or turnips go better ?
Either or a mix of both. The only greens I really don't care for are Collards. Mustard and Turnip greens are my favorite with a bit of hot vinegar and a big chunk of cold raw onion and a bit of chow chow on the plate. Beans and rice with sausage is such a good and versatile dish. Most people think of red beans and rice but white beans, baby or large dry limas, pinto and black beans are awesome. Meat can be any kind of sausage, bacon ends ham, pork chops, smoked turkey wings or legs, tasso or leftover chicken or pork roast. Dry beans are one of the more healthy foods we should be eating and you should try to work them into your weekly menu. At a $1 a bag they go a long way. Don't forget the cornbread.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Got laid off two weeks ago. My cooking for special occasions is on hold for a while.
Sorry to hear that. I remember reading your posts about the guy who was contemplating suicide. Did everyone get laid off?

Sorry to hijack the thread.

I am thinking about red beans & rice over nachos, with sides of sour cream and jalepenos.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.