Thanksgiving Menu!!

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
I can't believe Thanksgiving is just two weeks away -- my fav. meal of the year!

My family is SO traditional, I could post our menu and it'd still be the same in 2020!!!

Turkey
Cornbread Dressing
Giblet Gravy
Roast or Ham (for those non-turkey lovers)
Rice
Mac & Cheese (homemade of course)
Frying pan Corn
Sweet Potato Casserole
Greens
Butterbeans & Pea's (mixed)
Pole Beans w/new potatoes
Potato Salad
Rolls
Coconut Cake
Banana Pudding .....

and of course, "southern sweet tea"

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Fried Turkey
Spiral Cut Ham
Cornbread Dressing
Dirty Rice Dressing
Green Beans & new potatoes
Corn Pudding (new item this year)
Candied Yams
Yeast Rolls

Pumpkin Pie & Cool Whip
Yellow Cake Milk Chocolate icing with raspberry butter cream between layers (daughter took cake baking and decorating class)

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
ddsmit -- I have tried Paula Deen's version & its great. However, still not as good as my Mama's homemade Banana Pudding! Her's is topped with homemade meringue !!

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
ddsmit -- I have tried Paula Deen's version & its great. However, still not as good as my Mama's homemade Banana Pudding! Her's is topped with homemade meringue !!
I dont blame you, some of my Mom's are hard to beat too. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!

We'll be heading to Miami for Thanksgiving with my wifes family (Cubano) where they typically roast a Mojo marinated pig served with black beans & rice along with Yuca . Its absolutely fantastic but not Anglo-traditional. So, right now I have a 15-lb turkey resting happily in a nice brine. I will cook it this Saturday and serve with my Mom's most excellent cornbread dressing. My daughter has a favorite green bean casserole that she likes to make as well as some more lip smacking favorites.

Thanksgiving has become my most favorite holiday. Much less stress than Christmas. :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
We'll be heading to Miami for Thanksgiving with my wifes family (Cubano) where they typically roast a Mojo marinated pig served with black beans & rice along with Yuca . Its absolutely fantastic but not Anglo-traditional. So, right now I have a 15-lb turkey resting happily in a nice brine. I will cook it this Saturday and serve with my Mom's most excellent cornbread dressing. My daughter has a favorite green bean casserole that she likes to make as well as some more lip smacking favorites.

Thanksgiving has become my most favorite holiday. Much less stress than Christmas. :)
I have to say Christmas is less hassle for me than Thanksgiving. Christmas day, the tree is already up, presents have been wrapped, we don't decorate the house. Family comes over, we unwrap presents, grill steaks and eat. That's pretty simple :)

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Grilled steaks on Christmas sounds good to me Bayou. We'll simply re-do our entire Thanksgiving menu for Christmas.
Christmas dinner for us used to be a standing prime rib roast with garlick mashed potatoes green beans and all the trimmings. We finally decided grilling a steak was a whole lot less trouble and just about as good..

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I havent really put my menu together yet, gonna be a small group since its just me and my parents now...its the first time I've hosted Thanksgiving at my house tho, and the first time I've prepared the entire meal by myself, so I'm pretty excited.
Want something cool, something you will be known for? Pick up 2 or 3 of these things Square Egg. You dont need to make a plate full of them just put a few among the regular eggs and watch people's faces. Whats really amazing is the yoke inside also becomes square.

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
Want something cool, something you will be known for? Pick up 2 or 3 of these things Square Egg. You dont need to make a plate full of them just put a few among the regular eggs and watch people's faces. Whats really amazing is the yoke inside also becomes square.

This is so intriguing. Bayoutider, How does this thing work? Is it spring loaded or something that converts an egg to a cube while boiling? Or, is a boiled and peeled egg placed in this press to convert it (while still hot)? Obviously, I would need directions to have any success.

Last edited:

Crimson Speed

All-American
Oct 2, 2005
The Shoals, North West Alabama
This is so intriguing. Bayoutider, How does this thing work? Is it spring loaded or something that converts an egg to a cube while boiling? Or, is a boiled and peeled egg placed in this press to convert it (while still hot)? Obviously, I would need directions to have any success.
Well, by now I figured someone would have some fun with my above comments.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Place the still hot (it has to be hot) egg inside the egg cuber then start screwing the lid on. The egg will be compressed inside the mold into the corners, you can watch it happen. You should only use extra large eggs they seem to do better than smaller sizes. Once the egg is compressed put the whole thing in the refrigerator to cool for a hour or two then unscrew the top and push the egg out from the bottom. That is all there is to it. The amazing thing is the way the yoke inside is almost perfectly square also.

Use some whole peppercorns to make egg dice for a centerpiece.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.