Casserole: Cajun Dirty Rice

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Brown the sausage, beef and giblets in the oil. Chop the giblets after they are cooked it will be easier. Add the onion, celery, garlic and bell pepper to the meats as they cook. Takes about 30 min to cook.
Add roux and chicken stock and season with spices. Let cook over med low heat for 1 hour covered add more stock or broth if it looks too dry. Check and stir occasionally.
After 1 hour add cooked rice, parsley and green onion tops.
Serve hot.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Ive never had dirty rice, but ive always wanted to.

Thanks!
I have had it made with no giblets but its not quite as good. I have made it using nothing but chicken livers and personally I like that best but someone will always complain about no gizzards.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I assume that, after browning, you drain the sausage and ground beef?
Depends on how greasy it is. You might want to drain off some but I would leave up to half a cup for the flavor it adds and you need some to add to the moisture. Guess I should have mentioned this but its like adding bacon drippings. You may have to make this a few times to find out what your taste buds like.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.